• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Cloud Usage Confusion?!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeB94

Lightroom Version Number
Classic/CC
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
Hi All,
Im really confused & hoping you may be able to shed some light! So I am using Lr Classic & have all syncing paused and whenever I have looked at my storage allowance, it has always shown 0% used and the full 20gb available... until now!
So yesterday I tried syncing a couple of images to the cloud, just to see how it works with my iPad etc however after a couple of ours removed them and then re paused any cloud syncing... however today when I look at my storage it now shows there is still usage? Now I know its a very very small amount but I don't get why all of a sudden there is uses even though I removed the files from the cloud. I have signed out & back in of all places where you may be signed into CC with syncing, I have gone through all folders via Lr, Lr online, the creative cloud online client & even permanently deleted the files from the deleted folder in the cloud? Any ideas?
For ref im using and iMac with full Adobe Creative Cloud supscription but use LR Classic.
Thank you

Lr-Classic will only send Smart Previews (Proxy files) 'up' to the Cloud ecosystem.
These Proxy files are viewable and editable in Lr-Mobile apps. Edits sync back down to Lr-Classic.
These Proxy files do not occupy any space of your Cloud storage. So technically you could place all Lr-Classic photos in Collections and sync them to the Cloud (as the proxy Smart Previews) and not use any Cloud space.
Photos that you Import to any mobile device, or Lightroom-desktop (v3.4) - DO occupy your Cloud space.
TBMK Deleting files from the Cloud may not make space available immediately, so the usage numbers may not appear to change for some time.
ScreenShot072.jpg

Lr-Classic will only send Smart Previews (Proxy files) 'up' to the Cloud ecosystem.
These Proxy files are viewable and editable in Lr-Mobile apps. Edits sync back down to Lr-Classic.
These Proxy files do not occupy any space of your Cloud storage. So technically you could place all Lr-Classic photos in Collections and sync them to the Cloud (as the proxy Smart Previews) and not use any Cloud space.
Photos that you Import to any mobile device, or Lightroom-desktop (v3.4) - DO occupy your Cloud space.
TBMK Deleting files from the Cloud may not make space available immediately, so the usage numbers may not appear to change for some time.
View attachment 15284
Thank you very much for the explanation & the image is very very helpful :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back