Not open for further replies.

Nairda

Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Hello,

I wonder if you can offer me some insight on the following.

I purchased a Fuji X-Pro2 recently and in the Camera Calibration panel Lightroom offers 8 Fuji monochrome profiles and 6 Fuji colour ones, plus Adobe Standard.

When I select any of the profiles that are called 'Camera MONOCHROME ...' the complete HSL / Color / B&W panel is disabled. When you open the panel it just says 'Monochrome profile applied'.

When I select profiles called 'Camera Acros ...' (these are also monochrome profiles), the HSL / Color / B&W panel is also disabled, but in this case you can open the panel (HSL, Color or B&W) and adjust the sliders. The adjustments are recorded in the History but the image is NOT affected.

I was hoping to be able to adjust the Black & White mix with these profiles, but it seems not.

The same thing happens with Bridge and ACR.

Thanks for any thoughts,
Adrian

Welcome to the forum.

Yes, it does that. I guess the idea behind it is to give you all the editability of a jpeg taken with the camera set to monochrome: that is, none. If you want to use the colour sliders to adjust the B&W mix, you'll have to change the Treatment to Black and White and then adjust the sliders (or better yet, use the targeted adjustment tool) to taste.

Hal,
Thank you for your comments, but as I said originally, using the Acros monochrome profile (for example), you can move the sliders in the B&W mix but they have no effect. The panel is disabled.
Hopefully Adobe's support of the X-trans sensors will improve over the coming year.
Adrian

Adrian,
I guess I wasn't clear. Don't convert to B&W by changing the profile in the Camera Calibration tab. Leave that set to one of the colour options. Instead, click the B&W tab to convert to monochrome. That will leave the sliders active and effective.

Movies & TV_2016-05-14_15-55-22.jpg

A good idea Hal except that then I do not start from the 'base' of Acros. I am not trying to re-create the look of Acros from scratch, merely to use it as a starting point.
I will use the other controls (Basic panel, Tone curve etc.) to alter the look as I am not able to use B&W mix.
Interestingly, the .dcp files for the Fuji camera profiles have been hidden.

Thank you for you interest in this.
Adrian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back