• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Bookwright and Cloudy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lizyyb123

Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom CC
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
Hi

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this but.... I am trying to use Bookwright's photo importing tool and it keeps saying my lighrooom CC is empty. I could just export what i want but can't work out why it can't find my photos.

Liz

Hi
Not sure if this is the right place to ask this but.... I am trying to use Bookwright's photo importing tool and it keeps saying my lighrooom CC is empty. I could just export what i want but can't work out why it can't find my photos.
Liz
Lightroom stores your photo files in your Cloud storage. Bookwright does not have access to your 'Cloud'
Even if you keep copies of your photos in 'local backup', they will be the un-developed raw photos (Developing is all in the Catalog).
For external 'Book' software like Bookwright you will need to Export your selected photos to a folder (as JPG) and use these in Bookwright.

Bookwright does not have access to your 'Cloud'
It should do if it's been setup correctly (new feature added in Lightroom 3.0). I've just run a very quick test and successfully downloaded a few images from my cloud into a BookWright book.

Liz, can you confirm what version of Lightroom you are using?

Hi Jim,

Thanks - I am still using Lightroom Classic but want to migrate to Lightroom CC so am just trying to test a few things out. I have a number of collections synched to Lightroom CC which i didn't expect Bookwright to find as I am thinking as previews they wouldn't be good enough to print. So i loaded a few files into Lightroom CC directly and was thinking it would find them. Bookwright finds my flickr photo's and everything else so i am now thinking that i need to learn more about how lightroom libraries are managed.

Liz

Link to Blurb's "Lightroom" page

Don't know if Adobe has any documentation. Blurb's BookWright allows you to pull in photos from several places - Facebook, Flickr, SmugMug, Dropbox - as well as the Adobe cloud. I can't imagine that it depends on the Lightroom version being used - as long as the images are stored in the cloud, BookWright should be able to access them, shouldn't it?

as long as the images are stored in the cloud, BookWright should be able to access them, shouldn't it?
Yes indeed. Though possibly/probably Blurb needs to be added as a "Connection" in Cloudy first? Certainly I did do that before launching BookWright, than after getting to the point of adding photos you need to click on the "cloud" icon in the Add Photos box, after which the Cloudy icon should appear in the list of "sources".

Though possibly/probably Blurb needs to be added as a "Connection" in Cloudy first?
Yes, I can confirm this (but with a related problem, see below):

I did NOT set up a "Connection" from a cloud client first, and I saw the same problem as the original poster, namely that Bookwright said that my LR library was empty. This despite the fact that: (i) everything seemed to go OK with setting things up from the Bookwright side; (ii) the Adobe account page showed that the Bookwright application was properly authorized; and (iii) there being no documentation or instruction saying that a "Connection" needed to be set up first.

After setting up a "Connection" from the Adobe side (I used the web app), Bookwright could then see all of my cloud photos, folders and albums. I could browse and select one or more photos for import into Bookwright.

HOWEVER ...

None of the selected photos was ever successfully imported into Bookwright. After a positive confirmation from the Bookwright Photo Manager, Bookwright itself displayed a dialog box saying "Download failed" followed by a list of my selected images. I haven't been able to get a single image into Bookwright yet. I'm guessing this is a Blurb/Bookwright problem, rather than a Lightroom problem, but would be interested if anyone else has got this working. Jim?

None of the selected photos was ever successfully imported into Bookwright. After a positive confirmation from the Bookwright Photo Manager, Bookwright itself displayed a dialog box saying "Download failed" followed by a list of my selected images. I haven't been able to get a single image into Bookwright yet. I'm guessing this is a Blurb/Bookwright problem, rather than a Lightroom problem, but would be interested if anyone else has got this working. Jim?
No, I didn't go as far as downloading, I was just testing how to get BookWright to see my cloud images. I'll have another go when I have time.

No, I didn't go as far as downloading, I was just testing how to get BookWright to see my cloud images. I'll have another go when I have time.
Thanks. In the meantime, I've put in a support request to Blurb, and will report back here if I learn anything.

Thinking a bit more about it, pretty sure that in fact I did download a few images without problem. I'll try again though to confirm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back