Any method to pull files that are NOT virtual copies from a group?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgolin

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
1.x
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom version: 6.14 [ 1149743 ]
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Early on I added keywords to all appropriate files, whether I worked on them via VCs or not. It's now dawning on me that, when reviewing types of images, all I really want to see are the VCs that I worked on, not the many more numerous images that I chose to not process. I see that I can select VCs, but not how to select non-VCs. Any ideas would be most appreciated.

On the attribute filter bar there is a group on the right labeled "Kind". You can filter on three "kinds" : Master Copies, Virtual Copies and Videos.

Thank you for the response, but again I seem to have not been clear in my request, for which I apologize. (Once I did some investigation, I found the VC attribute you mention. ) I will try again to state my request... From a grouping that includes both photos that remain unprocessed & VCs that have been processed, I would like to eliminate the processed VCs so that only the unprocessed photos remain in the grouping.

Lightroom has a ‘Has edits’ filter, so you can also use this to see only images that do not have edits. Whether or not these are virtual copies is irrelevant for the filter.

Johan,
Thank you very much for the response. It was the key I would have almost certainly not have found on my own. It's not direct, but it does work. Thanks again. FYI for anyone who views this, what I did:
  • created smart collection via
    • has adjustments...is false
    • keyword...contains words
  • from the smart collection, filtered on
    • text, keyword, contains, "the keyword I wish to bulk delete"
    • ctrl A & delete

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back