Status
Not open for further replies.

Slyonthefly

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
6.x
Operating System: MAC OS X 10.9.5
Exact Lightroom Version: 6.14 (perpetual)

Hello,

I am new to this group and still consider myself a beginner in LR. I am posting this only after I have tried without success, the recommendations given in previous posts.

The back-story is this. I had a laptop with a stand-alone version of LR 6 installed, which I was using (Paid upgrade Feb 2016). This laptop was sadly stolen recently.

I have now upgraded my desktop to LR 6.14 from a previous version of LR that was on it. The upgrade seemed to have installed OK but it will not open. I have MAC OSX 10.9.5. The 2 error mssg’s that I am getting is this: An error occurred when attempting to change modules. The other is: Lightroom encountered an error when reading form its preview cache and needs to quit. Lightroom will attempt to fix this problem the next time it launches.

I have created another folder and moved all of my preferences with: com.adobe.Lighroom6.plist files into it.

I have checked and do not have any files with the extension .lock in them, so I did not need to delete any of those. I have rebooted but still LR will not open. I have also read Troubleshooting guide for errors that can occur when you change modules in Lightroom and I have worked down the list.

Is uninstalling and then reinstalling my next option?

Thanks to all of you here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back