1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lightroom Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation.
    If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to register and post your first thread under Help on the menubar above.

You're also welcome to join our newsletter, download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBook and explore our other FAQ resources.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Good news! We will NOT be closing the forum. Read all about it here.
    Dismiss Notice

Another - Lightroom 6 will not open, question

Discussion in 'Lightroom 1-6 for Windows & Mac (perpetual)' started by Slyonthefly, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Slyonthefly

Slyonthefly New Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Beginner
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.9.x Mavericks
    Lightroom Version:
    6.x / CC 2015.x
    Operating System: MAC OS X 10.9.5
    Exact Lightroom Version: 6.14 (perpetual)

Hello,

I am new to this group and still consider myself a beginner in LR. I am posting this only after I have tried without success, the recommendations given in previous posts.

The back-story is this. I had a laptop with a stand-alone version of LR 6 installed, which I was using (Paid upgrade Feb 2016). This laptop was sadly stolen recently.

I have now upgraded my desktop to LR 6.14 from a previous version of LR that was on it. The upgrade seemed to have installed OK but it will not open. I have MAC OSX 10.9.5. The 2 error mssg’s that I am getting is this: An error occurred when attempting to change modules. The other is: Lightroom encountered an error when reading form its preview cache and needs to quit. Lightroom will attempt to fix this problem the next time it launches.

I have created another folder and moved all of my preferences with: com.adobe.Lighroom6.plist files into it.

I have checked and do not have any files with the extension .lock in them, so I did not need to delete any of those. I have rebooted but still LR will not open. I have also read Troubleshooting guide for errors that can occur when you change modules in Lightroom and I have worked down the list.

Is uninstalling and then reinstalling my next option?

Thanks to all of you here.

2. JohanElzenga

JohanElzenga Lightroom Guru Staff Member Moderator Lightroom Guru

Lightroom Experience:
    Power User
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.13.x High Sierra
    Lightroom Version:
    Classic 7
  3. Slyonthefly

Slyonthefly New Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Beginner
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.9.x Mavericks
    Lightroom Version:
    6.x / CC 2015.x
    Thank you Johan, I will update my OS and then give this another try.

4. Slyonthefly

Slyonthefly New Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Beginner
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.9.x Mavericks
    Lightroom Version:
    6.x / CC 2015.x
    This worked like a charm! Thanks to everyone for this extremely helpful website.

Roelof Moorlag likes this.