• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Cropping: No preset? No shortcut? No button

Status
Not open for further replies.

reidthaler

Reid
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I just wanted to confirm I have to go into the crop tool (R), than the drop-down menu to crop to a 16 x 9 aspect ratio.

I can't believe after all these years there isn't an easier way, more automated way, to crop an image.

Thanks,

Reid

If you're applying the same 16x9 crop to a batch of photos, then you can make that much faster: Crop the first photo. Then select all the photos, with the first photo most-selected. Do Sync and select Crop. Leave the Crop tool open on the first photo, and then use Ctrl + Right-Arrow to move to the next photo, and the Crop tool will still be open. Adjust the crop, then Ctrl + Right-Arrow to move to the next photo.

yes, That's what I've been doing. I was just hoping there was a hidden preset option or short key that I could just click. I wish we had such buttons....

yes, That's what I've been doing. I was just hoping there was a hidden preset option or short key that I could just click. I wish we had such buttons....

I don’t see a reason for complaint. A 16X9 crop can be any size and in any position within the image frame Unless you want the crop to be in exactly the same place and the same size on the an image with the same number of pixels, you are going to need to enter the crop tool to resize and or reposition.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, I would just like to have a button instead of going into the drop-down and scrolling every time

The Any Crop plugin is a powertool that lets you assign keyboard shortcuts to specific crop presets. It's a little tedious initially to set up on Windows, since you have to install the free Autohotkey utility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back