Index numbers on photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandylass005

Lightroom Version Number
LR 5
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
My photos all import with just the index numbers showing, even though they have file names.
Even when I rename the photos in LR only the index number shows and not the filename.
How can I change this please?

The various view options are user configurable. Use the View menu>View Options to set the options that you want to see.

Maybe you switched from Expanded Cells to Compact Cells. View > Grid View Style.

Which view are you talking about? Presumably the Grid view, is that correct? If so, there are two different view types for the cells in the Grid view (Compact Cells or Expanded Cells), each one can be individually configured (both can display Index number and Filename if required) so just ensure you choose one of the display modes and configure it to display the information you want.

Which view are you talking about? Presumably the Grid view, is that correct? If so, there are two different view types for the cells in the Grid view (Compact Cells or Expanded Cells), each one can be individually configured (both can display Index number and Filename if required) so just ensure you choose one of the display modes and configure it to display the information you want.
Thank you all for your assistance. Fixing up the view options and then a simple click on J brought the file names back in view.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back