How Importing with presets/develop settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bert

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom 6 (no subscription)
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I had to call Adobe to get my Lightroom 6 (Upgrade from LR5) on my new computer. I had to download it from there site and now all the settings I had in LR6 on my old computer are no longer on this downloaded LR6.
7 years ago when I started using LR, I was able to set up how to import my raw files with automatically importing: My copyright status, creator name, and also some develop settings like, masking, lens correction, and profile in camera calibration.
I like to have these settings again automatically applied when I import new raw files.
I went in an older "Lightroom the missing FAQ" but could not find it anymore. (Overwhelming).
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bert Schmitz

You need to copy your presets to the new computer. They are in Windows—C: \ Users \ [your username] \ AppData \ Roaming \ Adobe \ Lightroom \

Hi Johan,
I wend in C: \Users\My Name\
There is no AppData \ there, and consequently no Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\

The way I could import my raw files with my copyright status, creator name, and also some develop settings like masking, lens correction, and profile in camera calibration.
These where set up in Lightroom, there was no outside App involved.
Any other suggestions.
Bert

Hi Johan,
By typing in the search of windows, I found it but that is not what I was looking for. These seem to be for outside downloaded LR adjustments. What I need is how to set up in LR my copyright status, creator name, and also some develop settings like masking, lens correction, and profile in camera calibration. So every time I import new raw files from my camera those settings are automatically applied.

Last edited:
All your presets are in the folder I specified. Copy that folder to the same location on your new computer and start Lightroom. The presets should now be available in Lightroom, so you can apply them on import or use them at another moment. To apply a preset on import you select it in the import dialog in the Apply During Import section.

An alternative is not using a preset on import but updating the Camera Defaults. Set those adjustments you want to apply on import (and only those!), then choose 'Save New Camera Defaults' from the menu (I believe it's under the Settings menu, but that was changed in Lightroom Classic so I can't verify that).

In the import presets that I import from my OLD computer, the adjustments are not there.
Let's forget the OLD computer and the LR6 on that computer.

I have a NEW computer and downloaded LR6 from Adobe. This is the LR6 before the subscription model.
In this LR6, I import 1 RAW file. When I open the imported raw image in the "Library Mode" I fill in "The Copyright" The Copyright Status" And the " Creator name". Then in the Develop mode, I set the "Masking at 50%", In the "Lens Correction profile", I click the boxes for "Remove Chromatic aberration" and "Enable profile Corrections". Under "Camera Calibration" I set the "Profile" to "Camera Landscape".

What do I have to do, to have ALL these settings I just made, save somewhere and every new RAW file I import will have those same settings automatically applied?

Thanks,
Bert

What do I have to do, to have ALL these settings I just made, save somewhere and every new RAW file I import will have those same settings automatically applied?

Thanks,
Bert
The Import preset can contain a Develop preset and a Metadata preset. These are stored in the location that Johan referenced. If you apply an Import Preset that contains the metadata preset containing these values or an Import Preset where these values are added directly, you will get these values applied on import. This is as it has always been.

If you had Import presets and metadata preset on your old computer, you need to copy them to the new computer or create them on the new computer.

One other thing. This preset location that Johan referenced is the Global location for Lightroom Settings. If you had the catalog set up to store presets locally, then these will be found in the Local location a “Lightroom Settings” folder adjacent to your master catalog on the old computer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you, Johan and Cletus
I finally got it set up as I wanted, and my imports show now the settings I had before.
It seems so simple ones you know it, sorry for being so dense but it might have something to do with my age of 77.
Thanks for your patience.
Johan ik ben ook een Nederlander maar woon al 38 year in America.
Stay well,
Bert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back