Copyright symbol w/o numeric keypad

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

matonanjin

I didn't know if this should go in "Tricks" forum or here :-\

Anyone know how to do this? I am running LR on both desktop and laptop. When at an event selling prints I need to put my watermark on prints with the copyright.

With the desktop, as everyone knows, the copyright symbol is the ole alt-'169 on the numeric keypad. The problem du jour is that my laptop lacks a numeric keyboard.

I tried typing in MS Word using insert symbol and then copying it and then pasting it in LR in an export. I got a symbol of an "o" with an accent mark on it. :(

Anyone done this or tried it?

On most laptops, embedded in the Qwerty keypad is a numeric keypad beginning at the letter 'U','J','M' and the numeral '7' This is usually accessed by holding down the Fn Key. So, <Fn><Alt>{<M><J><O><9>} Will get you © Check these keys to see if the Numeric kepad numbers are also stamped on the keys.

Go to your start button and run charmap.exe It will launch the Windows Character Map. Copy and paste the copyright symbol ('169) from there.

Interesting but CTRL ALT C doesn't do anything on my machine.

It's the strangest thing, that is how I managed to type the copyright sign in my first post. I just retried it and it does not work now. Don't you just love computers. Sorry Marc.

Just tried it and it works. Open a new Word document, type CTRL ALT C and then copy the symbol with CTRL C and paste into the Lightroom copyright space with CTRL V.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back