Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikimccurdyphotog

Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom 5.7
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I work daily in Lightroom. Today when I opened it, a screen popped up asking for my serial number, etc - like this was my first time using it. Now all of my folders are gone - there’s no greyed out area with a question mark - just gone. Help!!

Welcome to the forum. Regarding your serial number, if you have it you could just reenter it into LR and that should address that issue. Yes, you can chase down the cause, but if it is a one time issue, it is probably not a good investment of time.

Regarding your folders, did LR happen t open up a new catalog instead of the one you were working on? If so, you need to locate your catalog and open it. If that is not the case, then report back before taking additional action. If you are not familiar with what you are seeing, then it is easy to get deeper into a mess.

--Ken

Sounds as though maybe the preferences file got corrupted or deleted, which seems to happen occasionally. That would probably explain both issues, so as Ken says, find your catalog, open it in Lightroom and you should be good to go again.

Welcome to the forum. Regarding your serial number, if you have it you could just reenter it into LR and that should address that issue. Yes, you can chase down the cause, but if it is a one time issue, it is probably not a good investment of time.

Regarding your folders, did LR happen t open up a new catalog instead of the one you were working on? If so, you need to locate your catalog and open it. If that is not the case, then report back before taking additional action. If you are not familiar with what you are seeing, then it is easy to get deeper into a mess.

--Ken
Thanks Ken! I got it all figured out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back