There’s better error reporting for sync errors. If you click on the Sync Status in the Identity Plate, it opens the Sync Progress section of the Preferences dialog. If you click on some errors, it even displays a possible cause.
Lightroom mobile for iOS and Android were also both updated yesterday, adding raw HDR capture on both operating systems (specific devices only) and local adjustments on Android too. You can read more about the changes here.
- Canon PowerShot G9 X Mark II
- Casio EXZR3200
- Fujifilm GFX 50S
- Fujifilm X100F
- Fujifilm X-A10
- Fujifilm X-T20
- Leica M10
- Olympus E-M1 Mark II (full support)
- Panasonic DC-FZ80 (DC-FZ82, DC-FZ85)
- Panasonic DC-GF9 (DC-GX850, DC-GX800)
- Panasonic DC-GH5
- Panasonic DMC-TZ82
- Phase One IQ3 100MP (excluding S compression mode)
- Click to view the full list of supported cameras
- No new camera tethering this time.
- Click to view the full list of cameras supported for tethering.
New camera profiles:
- Olympus E-M1 Mark 2 now has full support, including camera profiles
- Moment Macro Lens for iPhone 7 (DNG + JPEG)
- Moment Macro Lens for iPhone 7 Plus (DNG + JPEG)
- Moment Superfish Lens for iPhone 7 (DNG + JPEG)
- Moment Superfish Lens for iPhone 7 Plus (DNG + JPEG)
- Moment Tele Lens for iPhone 7 (DNG + JPEG)
- Moment Tele Lens for iPhone 7 Plus (DNG + JPEG)
- Moment Wide Lens for iPhone 7 (DNG + JPEG)
- Moment Wide Lens for iPhone 7 Plus (DNG + JPEG)
- Canon EF
- Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III USM
- Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II USM
- Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS II USM
- TAMRON 10-24mm F/3.5-4.5 Di II VC HLD B023E
- TAMRON SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD G2 A025E
- TAMRON SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD G2 A025E +1.4x III
- TAMRON SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD G2 A025E +2x III
- Canon EF-M
- Canon EF-M 18-150mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM
- Canon EF-M 28mm f/3.5 MACRO IS STM
- DJI Mavic Pro FC220 (DNG + JPEG)
- Fujifilm X
- Fujifilm X100F
- Nikon F
- TAMRON 10-24mm F/3.5-4.5 Di II VC HLD B023N
- TAMRON SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD G2 A025N
- TAMRON SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD G2 A025N x1.4
- TAMRON SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD G2 A025N x2.0
- Voigtlander SL II – S 58mm f/1.4 Nokton
- Sony E
- Sony E PZ 18-110mm F4 G OSS
- Sony FE
- Rokinon/Samyang AF 14mm F2.8 FE
- Voigtlander ULTRA WIDE-HELIAR 12mm F5.6 III
- Zeiss Loxia 2.4/85
- Click here for the full list of available Adobe Lens Profiles
- Further user-created profiles can be downloaded using the Lens Profile Downloader (scroll down that page slightly – it’s at the end of the Resources section on that link)
There are loads of bug fixes. Adobe only publishes the bugs reported by users, which this time include:
- FIXED – Some catalogs can’t access the Auto Import Settings dialog. (Bug is still open, as some people are still seeing the issue.)
- FIXED – iOS Live Photos caused the JPEG to be treated like an XMP sidecar file.
- FIXED – Unable to import compressed raw files from Fujifilm XT2 and XPro2.
- FIXED – On Windows, backup fails with a permissions error for specific catalogs.
- FIXED – On Mac, catalog backup complains that the catalog is more than 4GB (false error message).
- FIXED – The X key doesn’t work correctly in some non-English languages.
- FIXED – Instead of deleting currently selected photo, it deletes face tag from previous viewed photo.
- FIXED – iPhone video Capture Time is shifted upon Import. (Bug is still open, as some people are still seeing the issue.)
- FIXED – The zoom does not work properly when a smart preview is zoomed for the first time.
- FIXED – Problem with Map module (Windows only.)
- FIXED – The Tone Curve doesn’t work correctly in specific circumstances. (Some tone curve bugs are still open).
- FIXED – Upright error where the “Update” button was incorrectly enabled when Upright is unable to find a correction.
- FIXED – Lens Profile Auto Matching was not working for Zeiss Batis 85mm lenses.
- FIXED – Cursor movements on Point Curves were erratic.
- FIXED – Develop Module Locked after deleting images while using two displays.
- FIXED – Unable to change the image after deleting a rejected photo in develop module.
- FIXED – Images from Canon EOS G7X MK II sometimes had a green color cast.
Edit in Photoshop or Merging
- FIXED – Edit in Photoshop CC 2017 doesn’t return JPEGs to original folder.
- FIXED – Panorama sort order was less than ideal.
- FIXED – Export was taking longer than previous version.
Workspace / Performance
- FIXED – “Error changing modules”
- FIXED – Zoom to Fill then to Full Screen Mode crashes Lightroom on Mac retina displays.
- FIXED – No way to reassign keyboard shortcuts when using English app on foreign keyboards, as TranslatedStrings.txt no longer works. (Full instructions in next Monday’s post.)
- FIXED – Issue related to abnormal Lightroom exit when using Full Screen mode (Mac OS 10.12 Sierra only).
- FIXED – Memory Leak
The black panels bug on macOS is still under investigation, but there is a workaround.
If you find another bug, click here to report it.
To update, go to Help menu > Updates or click the Update button in the CC app. The update servers take a while to push the updates around the world, to avoid crashing the servers, but if you’re in a hurry to update, here are the direct links to the patches: Windows – Mac