Lightroom Classic 9.4 and Cloud 3.4 have been released today. This is an interim release, so these are primarily for bug fixes and new camera support, but there are a couple of small changes to Classic.
Built-In Lens Corrections
For some new cameras (mirrorless and compact) added in 9.4 and later, the built-in profile now shows as Camera Settings in the Profile pop-up and can be turned off. This does not apply to existing cameras, which still show as Built-in Lens Profile Applied.
Import Dialog (Classic only)
A Done button has been added to the import process.
The three settings are:
- Done – this closes the Import dialog but remembers the settings for the next Import.
- Cancel – cancels the import settings changes and dismisses the Import dialog.
- Import – saves the settings and performs the Import.
- Canon EOS R5
- Canon EOS R6
- Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark III S
- Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV
- Panasonic LUMIX DC-G100 (DC-G110)
- Skydio 2
- Sony ZV-1 (DCZV1/B)
New Lens Correction Support:
- Canon RF
- Canon RF 85mm F2 MACRO IS STM
- Canon RF 100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM
- Canon RF 100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM + EXTENDER RF1.4x
- Canon RF 100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM + EXTENDER RF2x
- Canon RF 600mm F11 IS STM
- Canon RF 600mm F11 IS STM + EXTENDER RF1.4x
- Canon RF 600mm F11 IS STM + EXTENDER RF2x
- Canon RF 800mm F11 IS STM
- Canon RF 800mm F11 IS STM + EXTENDER RF1.4x
- Canon RF 800mm F11 IS STM + EXTENDER RF2x
- Viltrox PFU RBMH 85mm F1.8
- Nikon F
- Rokinon SP 14mm f/2.4
- HD PENTAX-D FA* 85mm F1.4 ED SDM AW
- Skydio 2 (JPEG+DNG)
- Sony FE
- Samyang AF 35mm F1.4
- Sony FE 12-24 F2.8 GN
- TAMRON 28-200mm F/2.8-5.6 Di III RXD A071
- Viltrox PFU RBMH 85mm F1.8
Click to view the full list of supported cameras
As usual this release also includes bug fixes. Adobe only publishes the ones that were reported by users.
- Classic: Develop settings applied to TIFF disappear after editing the original.
- Classic: Cannot display 44 megapixels images in the Library Loupe view except in Fit view.
- Classic: Zooming very large images shows gray box.
- Classic: Lightroom Classic crashes after certain locations are added in the Map module.
- Classic: Sets color labels with incorrect case in the label name, affecting filters.
- Classic: Auto-complete text in Keyword Tags field.
- Classic: Develop sync not working properly.
- Classic: GPU issues.
- Classic: Save To File doesn’t clear IPTC fields.
- Classic: HSL/Color / B & W TAT activation adds Convert to Black & White No/Yes to the History panel.
- Classic: Graduated Filter history issue.
- Cloud: Magenta cast on thumbnails or on exported images (Mac only).
- Cloud: Missing Lens Profiles from thumbnails or exported images.
- Cloud: Storage full error when the location for originals is on NAS.
- Cloud: Pasting only Tone Curve Settings deletes gradients and brushes settings on destination photo.
- Cloud (mobile): Noise reduction isn’t applied to exported images.
- Cloud (Android): Lightroom on Android auto imports HEIC files when only Raws are selected.
- Cloud (Android): Syncing photos taken with the Android phone LR app to LR Classic desktop.
- Cloud (iOS): Camera highlight clipping stopped showing.
- Classic & Cloud: X100V Camera Profile White Balance Shift.
If you find another bug, click here to learn how to report it to Adobe.
To update, go to Help menu > Updates or click the Update button in the CC app. The update servers take a while to push the updates around the world, to avoid overloading the servers. You can also open the Creative Cloud app, go to the Updates tab, click the … icon (top right) and select Check for Updates to give it a nudge.
Is the book updated?
The eBooks for Adobe Lightroom Classic – The Missing FAQ has been updated for the August 9.4 changes. There were no changes for the cloud version this time, but Adobe Lightroom – Edit Like a Pro was updated for the June changes. Both books can be downloaded immediately after purchasing. If you’re already a current Premium Member, the updated eBooks are available for download in your Members Area.