Lightroom Classic 9.1 has been released today. As well as some performance improvements, bug fixes and new camera/lens support, the engineering team have spent this release cycle focusing specifically on Catalina compatibility. The entire Lightroom Cloud ecosystem has also been updated.
- Canon EOS M200
- Canon EOS Ra
- Google Pixel 4
- Google Pixel 4 XL
- LEICA SL2
- Nikon Z 50
- Sigma fp
- Sony a9 II (ILCE-9M2)
- ZEISS ZX1
- Click to view the full list of supported cameras
- No new tethering in this release.
- Click to view the full list of cameras supported for tethering
- Canon EF
- Canon RF 15-35mm f/2.8 L IS USM
- Canon RF 24-70mm f/2.8 L IS USM
- Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8 L IS USM
- Canon RF 85mm F1.2 L USM DS
- SIGMA 16mm F1.4 DC DN C017
- SIGMA 30mm F1.4 DC DN C016
- SIGMA 56mm F1.4 DC DN C018 Sony FE
- SIGMA 105mm F1.4 DG HSM A018
- ZEISS ZX1 (DNG + JPEG)
- Click here for the full list of available Adobe Lens Profiles
There are loads of bug fixes, but Adobe only publishes the ones that were reported by users:
- Lots of the macOS Catalina issues fixed in this release including:
- Additional hidden volumes appear in the Source panel in the Import dialog box.
- Lightroom Classic crashes on scrolling through the Import grid or clicking the Cancel button when an iPhone is connected.
- Add and Move options in the Import dialog box are disabled for external SSD.
- Unsupported File Error in the Develop module related to file system permissions.
- Custom export settings from third-party plugins are ignored.
- Lightroom 9.0 catalog upgrade fails.
If you find another bug, click here to learn how to report it to Adobe.
To update, go to Help menu > Updates or click the Update button in the CC app. The update servers take a while to push the updates around the world, to avoid overloading the servers. You can also open the Creative Cloud app, click Update on the left, then click the … icon (top right) and Check for Updates to give it a nudge.
For extensive information on Lightroom Classic, see Adobe Lightroom Classic – The Missing FAQ.
If you have the Photography Plan, then as well as Classic you have access to the Lightroom cloud ecosystem including the mobile apps and web interface. For more information on these apps, see Adobe Lightroom – Edit on the Go.
Note: purchase of these books includes the first year’s Classic or cloud-based Premium Membership (depending on the book purchased), giving access to download the latest eBook (each time Adobe updates the software), email assistance for the applicable Lightroom version if you hit a problem, and other bonuses.
We also have a special bundle offer for the two books. This includes Premium Membership for the first year as described above for the whole Lightroom family!