Lightroom Classic 11.3 has been released today. There are a couple of small added features, as well as performance improvements, bug fixes and new camera/lens support. The entire Lightroom Cloud ecosystem has also been updated.
Update – confirmed bugs in 11.3…
- Open Catalog causing substrate.dll issue and crashing (some Windows systems) – acknowledged issue.
- Default Metadata shows Original and Cropped as same dimensions.
- Spot Removal Tool Size slider behaves erratically beyond a value of 75 (Windows only).
It’s now possible to deselect a mask by Ctrl- clicking (Windows) / Cmd-clicking (Mac) on the Masking panel.
When using the Alt and arrow keys (Windows) / Opt and arrow keys (Mac) to navigate around the Masking panel, it now loops around when you get to the top or bottom of the list.
There’s a new Reset Preferences button in the Preferences dialog > General tab that only shows up when you hold down the Alt (Windows) / Opt (Mac) key.
As usual, Adobe’s been working on performance improvements. This time, there’s some improvements to the speed of displaying metadata in the Metadata panel when large numbers of photos are selected.
New camera support:
- Canon EOS R5 C
- Panasonic DC-GH6
- Apple iPhone SE (3rd generation)
- Apple iPad Air (5th generation)
Click to view the full list of supported cameras
New lens correction support:
- Apple iPad Air (5th generation) front camera 1.65mm f/2.4
- Apple iPad Air (5th generation) back camera 3mm f/1.8
- Apple iPhone SE (3rd generation) front camera 2.87mm f/2.2
- Apple iPhone SE (3rd generation) back camera 3.99mm f/1.8
- Samsung Galaxy S22 Front Camera
- Samsung Galaxy S22 Rear Telephoto Camera
- Samsung Galaxy S22 Rear Ultrawide Camera
- Samsung Galaxy S22 Rear Wide Camera
- Samsung Galaxy S22+ Front Camera
- Samsung Galaxy S22+ Rear Telephoto Camera
- Samsung Galaxy S22+ Rear Ultrawide Camera
- Samsung Galaxy S22+ Rear Wide Camera
- Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra Front Camera
- Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra Rear Super Telephoto Camera
- Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra Rear Telephoto Camera
- Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra Rear Ultrawide Camera
- Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra Rear Wide Camera
- SIGMA 20mm F2 DG DN C022
- SONY FE
- SIGMA 20mm F2 DG DN C022
Click here for the full list of available Adobe Lens Profiles
There are a number of bug fixes, but Adobe only publishes the ones that were reported by users:
- Undo Move Keyword not refreshing Keyword List
- New Keywords not appearing in Auto Complete since 11.2
- Publish Collection update stalling
- Print crashes if incorrect number of pages entered
- Panels shake when Mask Panel Docked and Edit Stack Expanded (on Apple M1)
- Panel Switch Toggle setting ignored if set to ‘off’ when Paste > From Previous
- If an lrtemplate file is dropped onto the LrC icon, the app crashes
- Page loss in Book Module if switching between different sized PDF books
- Wacom: Invert Stylus not erasing Brush Strokes
- Wacom: Pressure sensitivity not as precise as in ACR
- Wacom: Adjustment Brush stutters & performance issues
- Wacom: small movements of Adjustment Brush fail
- Catalog opening in 10.4 not opening in 11.0
- Click ‘Zoom to Fill’ in Print Module shows incorrect preview image
- Windows: right-click options missing for Map pins / clusters
If you find another bug, click here to learn how to report it to Adobe.
How do I update?
To update, go to Help menu > Updates or click the Update button in the CC app. The update servers take a while to push the updates around the world, to avoid overloading the servers. You can also open the Creative Cloud app, click Update on the left, then click the … icon (top right) and Check for Updates to give it a nudge.
Lightroom Classic book
The eBooks for Adobe Lightroom Classic – The Missing FAQ are already updated for these changes, and can be downloaded immediately after purchasing. If you already have a current Lightroom Classic Premium Membership, the updated eBooks are available for download in your Members Area.