Updates for Lightroom Classic 10.4 and the Cloud ecosystem (desktop 4.4/mobile 6.4) have been released today. This is an interim release, so these are primarily for bug fixes and new camera support, but there are a couple of small enhancements to Classic.
Newly reported bugs since release…
- Classic – There are some reports of Canon Tethering not working. If you run into this, please go to File menu > Plug-in Manager and ensure that Nikon Tethering (yes, Nikon!) is enabled, then restart Lightroom. Let us know if this solves it for you too!
- Classic – If Auto Sync is enabled and you apply a preset, it applies the settings from the active photo, not the preset.
Duplicate Collection Sets (Classic only)
Previously, there was no easy way to duplicate an entire Collection Set. Now, if you duplicate a Collection Set then all Collections in it are also automatically duplicated.
Nikon Tethered Live View support (Classic only)
Tethered Capture with Live View support has been added for the Nikon D750 and Nikon D610.
Click to view the full list of cameras supported for tethering
New camera support:
- Apple iPad Pro (11-inch) (3rd Generation)
- Apple iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (5th generation)
- Nikon Z fc
- Parrot Anafi2 drone
Click to view the full list of supported cameras
New lens correction support:
- Apple iPad Pro (11-inch) (3rd generation) back camera 3mm f/1.8 (DNG+JPEG+HEIC)
- Apple iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (5th generation) back camera 3mm f/1.8 (DNG+JPEG+HEIC)
- Canon RF
- Canon RF 400mm F2.8L IS USM
- Canon RF 600mm F4L IS USM
- Parrot ANAFI Ai (wide and rect) (DNG)
- Parrot ANAFI Ai (wide) (JPEG)
- Sony FE
- Samyang AF 35mm F1.8 FE
Click here for the full list of available Adobe Lens Profiles
There are lots of bug fixes, but Adobe only publishes the ones that were reported by users:
- All versions – Canon EOS R5 with RS 24-240 f4-6.3 IS USM Lens File Handling
- Classic – Metadata browser’s Smart Preview Status columns shows wrong counts
- Classic – Duplicating a Collection Set does not include any collections inside the Collection Set
- Classic – Crash on launch
- Classic – Guided Upright does not work on some Leica DNG files
- Classic (Windows only) – Lightroom Classic becomes slow due to GDI handle leak
- Classic (Mac only) – Enhance Super Resolution fails when the original is in Quick Collection
If you find another bug, click here to learn how to report it to Adobe.
How do I update?
To update, go to Help menu > Updates or click the Update button in the CC app. The update servers take a while to push the updates around the world, to avoid overloading the servers. You can also open the Creative Cloud app, click Update on the left, then click the … icon (top right) and Check for Updates to give it a nudge.