It’s that time again! Lightroom 3.4 has been available as a release candidate for a while, and it’s now available as a final release – with a few extra bug fixes that didn’t make it into the RC too.
Lightroom 3.3 has been available as a release candidate for some time now, and user feedback has shown it to be the most stable 3.x release so far. It’s now available as a final release. So what’s new?
As usual, there is new camera support:
- Canon 600D (Rebel T3i / Kiss X5 Digital), 1100D (Rebel T3 / Kiss X50 Digital)
- Fuji S200 EXR, F550 EXR, HS20 EXR, X100
- Hasselblad H4D-40
- Nikon D5100
- Olympus E-PL1s, E-PL2, XZ-1
- Samsung NX11
There’s a long list of additional lens profiles, and new support for tethering the Canon 60d, Canon EOS 550D (Digital Rebel T2i/EOS Kiss X4 Digital) and the Nikon D7000. What more could you want?
There’s also a long list of bugs fixed in this release including some really irritating Publish Services bugs and some performance issues too. These are some of my favourites:
- Multiple Facebook publishing errors have been corrected in Lightroom 3.4
- Publish collections did not work properly if the sort order is set to descending. (“Z to A”)
- In some instances, photos labeled as “Modified Photos to Re-Publish” in a Publish Collection would fail to be re-categorized as “Published” after a successful publish operation
- Virtual Copies added to a Publish to Hard Drive collection could fail to export properly if the original image had already been published
- The up and down arrow keys did not work properly when trying to adjust a point tone curve with the Targeted Adjustment Tool
- Mouse movements when a secondary window had been enabled would cause unnecessary processor activity
- If image files were located on an unavailable network volume, it might have taken several minutes for Lightroom to properly display the thumbnails in the grid view (Windows only)
So next time you open Lightroom, check for updates to download 3.4 and ACR 6.4 or head straight over to the Windows LR 3.4 /Mac LR 3.4 / Windows ACR 6.4 / Mac ACR 6.4 links to download right now.
Leave a Reply