Adobe Lightroom Classic – Free Quick Start eBook
Whether you’re just getting started with the desktop folder-based version of Lightroom (called Lightroom Classic) or you’ve been learning for a while, you’ll love this FREE Lightroom eBook.
Lightroom can appear overwhelming when you’re just getting started, but it doesn’t need to be. This free PDF eBook contains a series of simple tutorials designed to help you learn the basics of Lightroom, while avoiding the most frequent problems, so you can skip to the fun part… editing your photos!
I meet a lot of people on the forums who have ended up in a tangle because they’ve misunderstood the basics, and much as I’d like to meet you, I’d prefer it’s not because you’ve accidentally deleted all of your photos!
- Installing Lightroom
- Before You Start
- What is a catalog?
- Where will you store your catalog?
- Where will you store your photos?
- How will you organize your photos into folders?
- How will you name your photos?
- Basic Lightroom Workflow
- Getting Photos Into Lightroom
- The Import dialog
- Back up your catalog
- Back up your photos
- Back up the extras
- Backup checklist
- The Lightroom Workspace
- Viewing Your Photos
- Viewing your photos in Grid view
- Viewing your photos in Loupe view
- Viewing your photos in Survey view
- Viewing your photos in Compare view
- Viewing folders in Lightroom and on the hard drive
- Selecting the Best Photos
- Rating your photos
- Deleting fuzzy photos
- Grouping similar photos using stacks
- Adding Metadata
- Title & Caption
- Map Locations
- Finding & Filtering Photos
- Changing the Sort Order
- Using Filters
- Using Smart Collections
- Editing Photos
- Basic adjustments
- Why do my raw files not look like they did on my camera?
- Undoing experiments
- Before/after preview
- Virtual copies
- Cropping & straightening
- Fixing noisy photos
- Fixing distortion
- Converting photos to black & white
- Copying settings to similar photos
- Saving settings to apply to other photos
- Removing dust spots
- Making local adjustments
- Further Editing in Other Programs
- Integration with Photoshop
- Opening photos in other editors
- Saving Finished Photos
- ‘Save As’ as copy on the hard drive
- Image size & resolution
- Emailing your photos
- Printing Your Photos
When you’re ready to learn more, you can upgrade to Adobe Lightroom Classic – The Missing FAQ, which is written in a similar style. It’s updated more frequently, and goes into much much greater detail on Lightroom’s features.
Download Your Copy
These eBooks are yours to download absolutely FREE when you sign up for a free account. Don’t worry, I won’t share your email address with anyone else, and there’s no obligation to buy anything.
Already a member? Log in and visit the Free Membership Downloads page to download your Quick Start eBooks.