The Lightroom Queen is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The Lightroom Queen may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 2 December 2012; last updated 20 March 2015.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
- Order information
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
The Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR), better known as the EU Cookie Law, is supposed to protect your personal data and stop websites from tracking your habits. The law is a minefield, however we have checked the cookies on this website and they are all detailed below, to the best of our knowledge. By continuing to use the site you are agreeing to the following:
First-party cookies are created and controlled by software on the Lightroom Queen server:
- The main Lightroom Queen website uses standard Google Analytics to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
- The shopping cart, powered by WooCommerce, keeps track of your cart contents using cookies. No personal information is stored within these cookies.
- The Members Area creates a cookie if you click the ‘Remember Me’ checkbox. It remembers your email address and password to save you having to log in again.
- WordPress W3 Total Cache plugin cookie just stores a session ID needed to aid the website performance and it expires at the end of the session.
- LightroomForums.net creates a cookie if you click the ‘Remember Me’ checkbox. It remembers your email address and password to save you having to log in again.
Third-party cookies are created and controlled by other websites, and may not affect you:
- When you click links to visit websites outside of this website, those websites may create cookies.
The current cookie audit details are listed below:
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Some of the links to outside websites are affiliate links, mainly managed by Skimlinks, and the small amount of money they make helps to fund this service.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- If you have previously agreed to subscribe to the newsletter, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at email@example.com or clicking the unsubscribe link at the end of any emails.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above email address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.