There are multiple ways of getting your books to your Kindle device, but this is the simplest:
- On your desktop computer, log into the Members Area.
- Go to the Content & Downloads page.
- Scroll down to the book and press the View button.
- Scroll down to the download links, right-click the Kindle/Mobi format and select Save Link As…, Save Target As…, Download Linked File As… or similar to save the file to your hard drive. Remember where you saved it!
- Download the Send to Kindle app for Windows or the Send to Kindle app for Mac from Amazon’s website.
- Install the Send to Kindle app, following the on-screen instructions.
- Open the Send to Kindle app.
- Sign into the Send to Kindle app using your Amazon login details. If you’ve turned on two-step verification in your Amazon account, you’ll need an additional code – click here for Amazon’s two-factor authentication instructions.
- Drag the downloaded book onto the Send to Kindle app and let it upload.
- Turn on your Kindle or open the Kindle tablet/phone app to allow the book to download, just like a book purchased direct from Amazon. (For a reason known only to Amazon, it doesn’t work in the Kindle desktop app.)
If you’re using the Kindle app on an iOS or Android device, it’s possible to download on the device and open into the Kindle app (direct download instructions for iOS / Android), however Whispersync only syncs your reading position and annotations when the file is transferred using the Send to Kindle desktop app.