Last week, we used the first of the Loupe views – Rate & Review – to add star ratings and flags to the photos. Once you’ve chosen your best photos, you may want to add additional metadata, such as a Title or Caption. To do so, tap the pop-up at the top of the screen and select the Info view.
In Info mode, you can:
- View photos.
- Add a Title.
- Add a Caption.
- Add your Copyright. (You can also add this automatically while importing, by tapping on the LR icon in the top left corner of Organize view, then tapping on General.)
- View a range of EXIF metadata including the camera make/model, lens make/model, focal length, shutter speed, aperture, ISO, capture date/time and more.
- Zoom in to check the details. When zooming, look out for the difference between a smart preview and full resolution original. Smart previews (e.g. photos synced from the desktop) are only 2560px along their longest edge, so the zoom isn’t a true 1:1 or 100% zoom. Originals (e.g. photos added on Lightroom mobile or Lightroom Web) can do a true 1:1 zoom.
- Assign flags and star ratings using the buttons.
- Copy/move photos into other collections.
- Remove photos from the cloud (but they stay in the desktop catalog if they’ve already downloaded to the desktop).
- Share individual photos or save them to the camera roll.
Next week, we’ll start organizing the photos into collections in the Organize view.
For extensive information on the Lightroom cloud ecosystem (including mobile, cloud desktop and web interface), see Adobe Lightroom – Edit Like a Pro which is already updated for the latest features, and can be downloaded immediately after purchasing. If you already have a current Lightroom Cloud Premium Membership, the latest eBooks are available for download in your Members Area.
Note: purchase of this book includes the first year’s cloud-based Premium Membership, giving access to download the latest eBook (each time Adobe updates the software), email assistance for the applicable Lightroom version if you hit a problem, and other bonuses.