Last week, we used the first of the Loupe views – Rate & Review – to add star ratings and flags to the photos. Once you’ve chosen your best photos, you may want to add additional metadata, such as a Title or Caption. To do so, tap the pop-up at the top of the screen and select the Info view.
In Info mode, you can:
- View photos.
- Add a Title.
- Add a Caption.
- Add your Copyright. (You can also add this automatically while importing, by tapping on the LR icon in the top left corner of Organize view, then tapping on General.)
- View a range of EXIF metadata including the camera make/model, lens make/model, focal length, shutter speed, aperture, ISO, capture date/time and more.
- Zoom in to check the details. When zooming, look out for the difference between a smart preview and full resolution original. Smart previews (e.g. photos synced from the desktop) are only 2560px along their longest edge, so the zoom isn’t a true 1:1 or 100% zoom. Originals (e.g. photos added on Lightroom mobile or Lightroom Web) can do a true 1:1 zoom.
- Assign flags and star ratings using the buttons.
- Copy/move photos into other collections.
- Remove photos from the cloud (but they stay in the desktop catalog if they’ve already downloaded to the desktop).
- Share individual photos or save them to the camera roll.
Next week, we’ll start organizing the photos into collections in the Organize view.
If you’re keen to start editing in the meantime, you can download the full set of infographics right now. They’re yours to download absolutely FREE when you sign up for my monthly Lightroom newsletter using the form below. (Don’t worry, I won’t share your email address with anyone else. You can read previous issues of the newsletter here.)