The newest Mac operating system, macOS 10.13 Sierra, goes live later today. The big question is, does Lightroom work?
The good news is Lightroom CC 2015.12 and Lightroom 6.12, which are available right now, do work on High Sierra.
It’s possible that there are minor issues that haven’t been spotted yet, but it has been through extensive testing on High Sierra and the known issues have been fixed.
If any new issues come to light over the next few weeks, I’ll update this post.
These are possible new issues showing up with Lightroom CC 2015.12 / 6.12 which are so far unverified:
- Presets are sorting in a random order
- Error changing modules is showing up intermittently. In some cases, the old instructions do the trick.
- 1 report of “Lightroom is now not keeping the list of known catalogs for selection at startup”
- Importing from multiple card readers at once can crash Lightroom.
- Some users are reporting problems printing.
Older Lightroom Versions
Older Lightroom versions are not supported, and will not be updated. They haven’t been extensively tested on the new High Sierra operating system, but there are some known issues.
- LR 6.0-? – There are some reports of Lightroom 6.0 not launching at all. If so, use this link to download and then install the 6.12 patch (or make sure Lightroom is updated before upgrading to High Sierra).
- LR 3, 4, 5, 6.0-6.6 – In the Import dialog, the Apply During Import and Destination panels are missing. To show them again, right-click on another panel header and reselect them in the menu.
- LR 3, 4, 5, 6.0-6.6 – Canon, Nikon and Leica tethering do not work.
- LR 2, 3 4, 5, 6.0-6.6 – The message “Modify Exposure with +/- keys” or similar is displayed during every launch
- LR 3 – Some direct camera connections not detected by Import dialog (workaround – use a card reader)
- LR 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.0-5.1 – Cosmetic sliders issues shown below:
If you want to upgrade to Lightroom CC/6, to help you decide whether to upgrade to a subscription or a perpetual license, there are pros, cons and purchase links on my How to Buy Lightroom page.