• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

'Zoom to Fill' Not Available for Print 'Custom Packages'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul_DS256

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
LrC 11.1
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I'm printing pictures for a memory book my wife is putting together. We decided a 2.5x3.5 in size would work for prints. I just created a User Template, based on 11x14in paper, with 11 2.5x3.5 cells. When I loaded the first 11 photos to test, I found I had the 'Rotate to fit' control but no 'Zoom to Fit'. Consequently, because I never followed a standard crop size when working the pictures, some pictures are being cut off.

I found this article which indicates "Zoom To Fill: (Single Image/Contact Sheet and Picture Package layouts) Fills the entire image cell with a photo, cropping the edges of the image as necessary." So it looks like I leaped before I looked.

I find that some of the photos are not what we want if I crop them to 2.5x3.5. Would rather have the white space and since my wife will be cutting these to put on pages, we are not concerned with mats or frames.

I'm wondering if anyone has any bright ideas of how to get a 'Zoom to Fill' effect on photos with random crop sizes.

Thanks

Boy, I never expected crickets from this group ;-)
For anyone else who comes along, I found a complicated process which will work. Fortunately, this is a one off activity.
  1. In LrC, export the photos in 2.5x3.5in format
  2. In Adobe Bridge, select the photos in the exported folder
  3. In Bridge Output, create a custom contact sheet with cells slightly bigger than 2.5x3.5 in
  4. Add photos
  5. Export PDF (no option to print)
  6. Print PDF.
Now to put in a suggestion for adding 'Zoom to Fill' for custom print packages.

That 'user' would be me! I am a regular on the Adobe site also.
Pleased my answer there was able to help.
And your posted screen-clip of the Layout panel looks on track.
:cool:

Thanks again @Rob_Cullen. I got fixated on my custom cells and manually positioning them on the page to maximize print space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back