zoom cursor in gradient tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Simonius

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Im trying touse the gradient tool but instead of the hand to move the edges i` just have a zoom cursor:?:

Do you mean that you're zoomed in, and trying to pan around the image while using the Gradient tool? If so, you need to hold the space bar while panning.

Or if you're not zoomed in, then holding the space bar will change the cursor to the zoom cursor. Is that what you're seeing?

Mark Sirota;244'5 said:
Do you mean that you're zoomed in, and trying to pan around the image while using the Gradient tool?
Mark,

I have been told that some people are having this weird behavior; when using the localized adjustments, the zoom icon (or the hand icon, mixed reports) freezes on the screen, and one can't continue to paint with the tool.
Perhaps this is what I Simonius is seeing?

Mark Sirota;244'5 said:
Do you mean that you're zoomed in, and trying to pan around the image while using the Gradient tool? If so, you need to hold the space bar while panning.

Or if you're not zoomed in, then holding the space bar will change the cursor to the zoom cursor. Is that what you're seeing?

Im sorry I have forgotten the exact details _ I will try to write a better and more comprehensive report in future when these things happen.

But yes thatis what I am seeing now, but I think it was doing something different

Clicio Barroso;244'7 said:
Mark,

I have been told that some people are having this weird behavior; when using the localized adjustments, the zoom icon (or the hand icon, mixed reports) freezes on the screen, and one can't continue to paint with the tool.

That's not quite waht I was getting although the gradient tool does stillreact slowly, there is quite a time lapse especially if trying to rotate it

Clicio Barroso;244'7 said:
Mark,

This just happened to me this last weekend! (LR2.')

How it happened is the interesting part tough: I switched from cropping to gradient tool without comitting the crop first! Switching from one tool to another while the first is still highlighted seem to be the culprit.

Can you reproduce doing so?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back