• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Z6 ii won't connect for tethered shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter McLennan

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
LR Classic 10.4, Nikon Z6ii with current firmware Windows 10 Pro current update.

LR will see Z6ii via USB and will import photos directly from the camera SD card over USB

LR won't connect to the camera for tethered shooting. I've cold booted the camera and computer.

What should I try next?

Tethered shooting for Nikon Z6 ii has been supported since Lightroom Classic v10.3. Try using a different cable plugged directly into the USB port, fully charged camera battery in the camera. You also a might be using a cable that is too long to carry the camera info to the computer. When you try a different USB cable, use one that is about 1 meter in length.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for all those suggestions. Unfortunately, I believe I've tried them all. Including the Adobe ones linked.

Deleted prefs, started/re-started LR with Z6 switched on and off, cold-booted several times, used multiple cables and USB ports.. Cam is direct connected (no hub) and notification chime is heard when connecting/disconnecting. Cables are high quality, known good, about 1M long.

LR will import images from camera successfully. Does this validate my USB connection for Tethering?

Preemptively re-flashed camera firmware to 1.21. No change.
Camera appears in File Manager and LR still imports images from SD card in camera.
Tethering fails at "Detecting Camera" .

SOLVED
Incredibly, inexplicably, it turns out that if your camera's video settings are for 4K, the Nikon won't tether. Nowhere I've seen is this mentioned.

On the advice of an Adobe forum member, I changed video recording settings from 4K to 1080P and the camera was immediately recognized.

Thanks to all for your suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back