• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

"Your graphics processor is incompatible"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom classic 11.0.1 release Camera Raw 14.0
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
After all the Adobe updates recently I have been getting a message - not always - from Photoshop when I open it from Lightroom Classic:
"Your graphics processor is incompatible" See attached image. This is a first for me. My GPU is NVIDIA GeForce 1050 Ti(NVIDIA) which has never given me any difficulties. The drivers are the latest straight from NVIDIA (they were not out-of-date) I know what OpenCL is, but it is not clear it is relevant here. Also my GIS (geographic information System) apps work perfectly well as does Lightroom Classic and other photo apps. The link "Lean more about GPS compatibility" doesn't explain why this message is appearing. Further, Photoshop seems to be working OK. I have opened it on its own a few times but this message has not appeared.

Any ideas? thanks ...

Attachments

• ScreenHunter 1264.jpg
    ScreenHunter 1264.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 111
I realized (too late) that I had already posted this problem. Sorry! but it remains un solved. But ... it seems to be causing no harm. Clean install makes no changes.

Try installing the Nvidia Studio drivers and not the Game ready drivers. They are supposed to be more stable.

Try installing the Nvidia Studio drivers and not the Game ready drivers. They are supposed to be more stable.
NVidia's website mentions that the Studio drivers are tested for compatibility with Adobe applications.

Thanks for telling me that. I could not find that on the NVIDIA www. I think it is some incompatibility with my particular system. There are millions of my graphics boards out there and at least 1000's of them are photoshop users. One would think that if others are seeing this that there would be a response. I can find nothing on the Adobe website about this particular problem although I have trouble with Adobe's website finding info. I see no change in the speed or the quality of the output from PS. It does seem that if I open PS directly the message does not appear but only appears when I open from LR Classic.

FWIW my NVIDIA card is not compatible with the latest release of PS because it only had 1.5GB of RAM and the new minimum PS wants is 2GB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back