• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • It's Lightroom update time again! Color Grading and improved zoom across the whole Lightroom family, plus graphical watermarks for the cloud-based Lightroom apps, as well as the usual new cameras, lens profiles and bug fixes. See this blog post for Lightroom Classic and this blog post for the Lightroom Cloud Ecosystem changes.

Your broader photo ecosystem

RobOK

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Hello,

With the new versions, not sure where to post this. This is an open ended post, not a specific question.

LR is the core of my post processing but I am more and more thinking about the whole ecosystem, somewhat inspired by this podcast/blog from Martin Bailey: https://www.martinbaileyphotography.com/wp-comments-post.php where he exports photos to Apple Photos and then has a merged set with his iPhone pictures (although he says he keeps a clean feed of iPhone images). I was going to explore this approach but maybe with Google Photos.

I have been spending more time thinking about how to USE my photos. This is a couple of related threads:

* Web galleries -- currently do this in Zenfolio. It's okay but boring.
* Slideshows -- currently do this in Zenfolio or LR Mobile
* interested in replacing slideshows with Photo Stories (Adobe Spark, Exposure, Medium), have not done much with this
* Books -- did this more in the past
* Printing -- have not done enough of this at home or with service
* Social Media - I usually only post mobile shots to FB or Insta

I have maybe 12 years of images in Lightroom, lightly tagged and somewhat organized. The old photos sit fairly dormant.

I like Jeffrey Friedl's plugins that can make captions out of names and dates, but have not thought about how to weave that in (I have a lot of family pictures) Jeffrey's "People Support" Lightroom Plugin

EDIT: another thing I look at are journaling tools like Day One. More for posterity or my daughter to look back on one day.

I don't have a specific question, but more exploring how people get photos OUT of LightRoom and what tools/platforms they use beyond LR.

Cheers,
Rob.

Last edited:

tspear

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
I am in the starting process to migrate to digital picture frames. The home we moved too a year ago has many fewer walls for images. So.....
The goal will be to replace probably approaching a hundred printed images with a few larger digital pictures frames. I have a couple of small ones I am playing with. The goal is to find some that sense no one is present and shutdown. Also need to work out the update method.... Kodak has a cool solution I setup for my parents. Not sure I am going to use it.
Otherwise, I still use JAlbum to generate a family website, Jeff F. plugins to publish to FB, Mixbook for the occasional book. And every couple of years I make calendar's for family as part of the Christmas presents.

Tim

RobOK

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
I primarily build web galleries on Smugmug with their publishing plugin. I use that to deliver to people as well as a general archive people can search.

The flow from ingestion through delivery in the publishing plugin is very automated and very thorough, and I will hate it if I have to break it up into multiple tools.