• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Apple TV and Web? Then you'll love my new book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit Like a Pro!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • It's Lightroom update time again! Just the usual new cameras, lens profiles and bug fixes. See this blog post for Lightroom Classic and this blog post for the Lightroom Cloud Ecosystem changes. If you use a custom monitor profile on macOS, note that the Classic performance bug is not yet fixed.

Yes But What If All of My Photos >5TB

Cabin

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Operating System:

Lightroom Version:
(Please go to Help menu > System Info to double check the exact version number)

Question or Description of Problem:

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Honestly you should stay with Classic and not think about CC, as the migration alone will be a fiasco even if you have fast internet (staging the files alone will likely fail).

tspear

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Operating System:

Lightroom Version:
(Please go to Help menu > System Info to double check the exact version number)

Question or Description of Problem:

I was curious, so I contacted Adobe support. Three hours later they answered.
$10 a month per TB. No limit on number of TB per customer service.

However, there is a limit on the personal budget. And this blows it. I would rather spend money on a new lens.

Tim

PhilBurton

Lightroom enthusiast (but still learning)
Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
I was curious, so I contacted Adobe support. Three hours later they answered.
$10 a month per TB. No limit on number of TB per customer service.

However, there is a limit on the personal budget. And this blows it. I would rather spend money on a new lens.

Tim
Amen.

JimHess43

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
I never thought it would come to this. But I have decided that it's time to start looking at the trial versions of other software. I'm ready to make the switch. I really don't like the direction Adobe has taken.

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
My vision on this is that the 1 TB should be more than enough for traveling purposes, and for emergencies. But for me personally, it is imperative that I have my photo's on Drobo or another external system. Drobo holds 4 times 3 TB. As hard disks keep evolving, I can keep adding bigger disks into Drobo. I don't think it would be really wise to keep TB's and TB's of pics in the cloud. What if something happens and internet is dead - one never knows, maybe a bad sunflare... I feel a lot safer with my pics at home... (In fact I have two drobo's that are swapped every 3 months... The swapping itself is timeconsuming, takes a week, but hey, I am more for being safe than sorry after I deleted a 60.000 pics folder years ago!)

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
I never thought it would come to this. But I have decided that it's time to start looking at the trial versions of other software. I'm ready to make the switch. I really don't like the direction Adobe has taken.

FWIW, I think that may be premature. Yes, the 1.0 release requires 100% cloud sync. It also doesn’t print or do all sorts of other stuff with expect them to add in future updates. Just because it’s 100% cloud right now doesn’t mean it’ll stay that way permanently.