• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Yellows and oranges are getting flattened and desaturated when exporting from mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

oluj0001

Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. iOS
Hey all,

I've had this problem for such a long time honestly and its time I finally get it addressed. My normal workflow is that I would edit my image in LR Classic on desktop, then Edit In Photoshop 2021 (16bit), then save it so it goes back into LR Classic, then export it with 72ppi 2160 size, then I would email it to myself, edit it to my phone display (iPhone X) then export and post to IG (Run on sentence sorry). Now the problem is, When i export from LR Mobile, my color's are dull and flat. Mainly yellows, red, oranges. I know what you're thinking, "well obviously its because you import and export too much". Well this is not the case, I've tried pretty much every other way. Using OneDrive rather than email, no Photoshop, even using Lightroom's sync, to get a RAW file onto my phone, with no Photoshop or importing and exporting in-between, gives me the same results. I am now sure that it is a problem with Lightroom Mobile. If I export a Jpeg from Lightroom classic, and then open it in File Explorer, it looks EXACTLY the same, yet on Mobile it looks visibly different.

Cheers

I'm losing you a little on your workflow. I understand edit in Classic, edit in PS, save as Tiff or PSD back to Classic, email to yourself. Email what? the Tiff/PSD or are you exporting as Jpeg via email to yourself? Then what? On your iPhone you pick up the file in Mail, save it to the Camera Roll? Then, if all you're trying to do is get it to IG can't you do that directly from the Camera Roll, why do you need to import it into LrMobile?

I email he Jpeg image. I edit in Mobile as well because the image has a green tint, loss of contrast, and desaturated colours as a result of my iPhone X display not matching my IPS editing display. My reasoning for this is that most people will view the image on an iPhone.

I don't know then. It concerns me that you feel the need to re-edit this pictures once they land on your iPhone, the whole point about using a calibrated monitor on the desktop is to get the colours as accurate as you can make them. Once that's done, and if the image is intended for distribution on the web, typically one would export the image using sRGB as the colour space, send them out and keep your fingers crossed. You have no control over the devices that the viewers will be using, how accurate they might be, if they've been calibrated or not, etc.

All my images are processed using a calibrated display, and have been synced to the cloud so are then available on my iPhone and iPad, and many have been shared to the web, and I've never felt the need to re-edit them specifically for viewing on my phone. They look fine to me, but I accept that they might not look fine to everyone else....but I have no control over that, so it's pointless to worry about it.

You could try putting a few of your processed images into a collection in Classic, then sync that collection to the cloud. Once it's synced, it'll be available in LrMobile on your iPhone, so it would be interesting to see how it displays there. But if you have access to another computer you could also share the collection to the web, then use the other computer to view the shared album in any browser, to see how they look there.

Just trying to gauge if there's an issue either with your screen calibration or your iPhone's display.

I don't know then. It concerns me that you feel the need to re-edit this pictures once they land on your iPhone, the whole point about using a calibrated monitor on the desktop is to get the colours as accurate as you can make them. Once that's done, and if the image is intended for distribution on the web, typically one would export the image using sRGB as the colour space, send them out and keep your fingers crossed. You have no control over the devices that the viewers will be using, how accurate they might be, if they've been calibrated or not, etc.

All my images are processed using a calibrated display, and have been synced to the cloud so are then available on my iPhone and iPad, and many have been shared to the web, and I've never felt the need to re-edit them specifically for viewing on my phone. They look fine to me, but I accept that they might not look fine to everyone else....but I have no control over that, so it's pointless to worry about it.

You could try putting a few of your processed images into a collection in Classic, then sync that collection to the cloud. Once it's synced, it'll be available in LrMobile on your iPhone, so it would be interesting to see how it displays there. But if you have access to another computer you could also share the collection to the web, then use the other computer to view the shared album in any browser, to see how they look there.

Just trying to gauge if there's an issue either with your screen calibration or your iPhone's display.
Sorry for the late reply, I checked the same image on my moms phone (iPhone XS, I have X) and the colour's are the same, yet is brighter and is less of a green tint. although it does still have it, I guess its something to do with OLED displays. As for colour, I have checked it on my MacBook Pro screen and it is the same colour and contrast, but it has more pure whites (no green tint), like my monitor.

My monitor is not calibrated, it is just a Philips IPS monitor (~95% SRGB) that was given to me from the government. If I take the assumption that Macs have one the best displays on the market (laptop wise). then I can assume that my monitor is over saturated, or my and I don't know how to fix that without getting a calibrator. I really have to accept that I cant edit for every display on the planet, but I do need to find a good basepoint first. Hmmm...

Without calibrating your IPS monitor then you just don't know how accurate the colours of your images are. It all starts (and ends) there, as I said all that any of us can do is to get the colours (and brightness) of our own images as accurate as we can, send them out for web consumption with the sRGB colour space, then hope for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back