• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

XRite Colorchecker Passport plug-in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Detheridge

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic 9.0
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
Is anyone else having the issue where the plugin is loaded in Lightroom but refuses to create a camera profile from an image of the (open) ColorChecker Passport? The desktop stand alone version works fine and the results are appearing in my camera profile list in LR. I am wondering if this is a bug either in LR, the Xrite ColorChecker plug-in.

I have the latest versions of everything (OS,LR, Xrite software etc) and have followed the instructions to the letter.

Cheers,
Peter

I’m not sure what you mean. AFAIK the plugin does not create a profile, it is used to convert a raw file to DNG and send that to the application. The application then creates the profile.

Thank you for your query. I have included a snapshot of the error I am receiving. It should create a camera profile from the image of the color passport which can be selected in the develop module. The standalone application does this. The plugin however gives this message every time.Screenshot 2019-11-09 06.15.34.png

It says everything. It tells you that you have selected an image, but the plugin can’t find that file. Like I said in my earlier message, I’m pretty sure (I’ll check this tomorrow, I own XRite Passport too) that the plugin does not create the profile itself, it converts the raw file to DNG because you need a DNG to create the profile. The plugin sends the DNG to the standalone application and the profile itself is created by the standalone app.

I’m sure that this is a Catalina compatibility problem. I have seen more ‘file not found’ problems with the Lightroom/Catalina combo.

I assumed the message referred to the help page that it could not find. Thank you for clarifying. Please pass on the results of your testing, but I also think that it is a Catalina compatibility issue.

Yes, I tihnk you are right; it refers to a server so probably to the info page. I just checked it. The plugin is an export plugin, so it works exactly like I said: the plugin exports the image as DNG to the standalone app. It works 'facelessly', meaning you do not get to see the standalone app coming to the front and you do not have to do anything in the app. But when you look at the dock, you will see that the standalone app is launched and that it quits again after the profile is generated.

It works fine in Lightroom Classic 9 on MacOS Mojave, so this must be a Catalina issue.

Thanks for checking, as you point out, it is a seamless export operation normally and I hadn't noticed that it uses the standalone app in the background, so I am happy to accept that this is how it works in the background. Checking against Mojave is the clue, so until they (Adobe vs Apple) get the compatibility issues sorted I will just have to create the profiles in the standalone app. Thanks for doing the research. Let it be a flag to those who are using the plugin currently and thinking of migrating to Catalina. Oh and I did convert the raw (NEF) file to a DNG file and retested but the result is the same.
Cheers,
Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back