• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eleanor6reed

Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Mobile App
Operating System
  1. iOS
Okay bear with me, I'm not tech savvy at all.

I recently bought photo presets. The presets were emailed to me in the form of two different folders- one is XMP files and the other is lrtemplate files.

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get them into my Lightroom app. I've tried Dropbox, Google Files, and multiple different ZIP extractor apps but NOTHING is working. I've been using the Lightroom app for years, I don't want to have to upgrade and pay a monthly desktop subscription fee just to use these presets.

PLEASE HELP :confused:

I presume you are using the 'Free' Lightroom Mobile App from Apple Store (now at v5.2.4).
If so, then there is only one way to get Presets into your app, and that is-
Obtain DNG filetype photos that have a Preset embedded and extract the preset from the file for use with other photos.
You would need a subscription version of Lightroom to use the .XMP or .LRTEMPLATE files you have purchased.
If you have a friend with Lightroom-Classic or Lightroom-Desktop, they would be able to convert your purchased presets into the DNG format (with instructions) that you could use.

I found some examples of 'DNG image' presets at this link-
https://www.freepresets.com/product/free-mobile-dng-preset-landscape/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back