Xd CC

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic 7
I notice that in Adobe Creative Cloud update panel I can install Xd CC - Design, prototype and share user experiences.

What does this software do and is it worth installing ?

mcasan

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic 7
Suggest checking out the description and tutorials. It is not directly related to photo DAM or editing.

What is Adobe XD?

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic 7
Suggest checking out the description and tutorials. It is not directly related to photo DAM or editing.

What is Adobe XD?
Thanks for the response. However, I found the Adobe "tutorial" most uninformative. The narrator sounded like she was reading from a script and had no idea what it was either.

Victoria Bampton

Lightroom Queen
Staff member
Administrator
Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
CC Cloud
It's for designing stuff, whether websites or mobile apps, etc. Unless that's the kind of thing you do, there's no need to install.

johnbeardy

Staff member
Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Thanks for the response. However, I found the Adobe "tutorial" most uninformative. The narrator sounded like she was reading from a script and had no idea what it was either.
It's a way for designers, who can't code or can't use Illustrator or Photoshop, to mock up how an app should look, so it comes with pre-built UI elements that they can drag into a layout. They can then hand off the layouts they have "designed" (in the sense of drawing) to someone who actually "designs" (in the sense of coding) the app. Maybe there is a market out there, but by the time someone is skilled up in XD they could probably have learnt enough Illustrator or Photoshop or had time to sit down with the designers?