• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

X for Reject Flag Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

kvora

Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom CC 8.2.1
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
I have been using X for Reject flag in Library for years (Along with P and U) without problem.
Now the first X puts a black flag (as expected) and ( I have auto advance checked) the second X makes a sound and dialog pops up (attached) asking me to choose Delete or Cancel.
This is happening on 3 different Macs including a new install.
https://monosnap.com/file/Lm4cnCH4tqnPOOfRMCKCxuVoIXBWvAAny help appreciated

Attachments

• Monosnap 2019-05-12 08-14-30.png
    Monosnap 2019-05-12 08-14-30.png
    53.1 KB · Views: 229
Can't reproduce your problem on my Windows/10 LR 8.0 system in either the Grid or Loupe views. Are you using one of those two views or a different view? Perhaps someone with LR 8.2.1 on Mojave can see if they have the same problem.

Grid view for sure, but even in Loupe view when I do this to film strip, the second press of X evokes the dialog box with a sound

I also just tried it and do not see an issue. lower case x just marks it, upper case marks and advances. The backspace key should give the prompt you see. I can't see how you could hit that accidentally of course, just mentioning it.

Do you have any programs that interact with the keyboard? For example, there are programs that look generally for certain shortcut keys and then put in different text in any active program, is there anything on your system that might be in that general class of programs?

Problem solved
I started turning off one by one programs and tried to reproduce.
Finally found the culprit
It was Text expander
I had some snippets starting with X
Thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back