• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

www.slickpic.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

edgley

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Curtsey of Mr Rockwells RSS, I have been playing with this photo site; for me much better than Flickr, and offers more (on the free account) than smugmug.

www.slickpic.com

Curtsey of Mr Rockwells RSS, I have been playing with this photo site; for me much better than Flickr, and offers more (on the free account) than smugmug.

www.slickpic.com

Please tell us WHAT is "offers more".
More than SmugMug? Please tell me ....

www.slickpic.com

I agree, it's not bad at all. I've been using a free account and it's really not much different that a 'pro' one. I can stand the adverts on the free account, and I can stand to be without the personal homepage and slickpic url. The one slight problem which I discovered is the limit of 15Mg per image (Vs 25Mb on the 'pro'). This doesn't bother me for basic images, but if 've been at them with PS or LR they're sometimes bigger, (normally by accident!).

Last edited:
To start with, it has a free account where as SM charge $5 a month. If you are a pro then I am sure that is nothing.
As someone who just wants to get some images on the web its nice to do so without another monthly charge.

I thought there was something else, but after going back to SM website, I cannot find it, so maybe the only difference is the 5 bucks.

Image size isn't a problem for me, as its only for jpegs I know I can get then down to that size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back