• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

wrong file order on card before import

Status
Not open for further replies.

guido.coza

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
6.x
Hi all
I recently got a second hand 1D x. One of the first thing I did was to format the cf card that came with the camera. I also use one of my old cards from my 1D IV.
I use a card reader to import directly to LR. Recently pictures are on the LR import screen not in the order I took them but in a randomly across the card. This is a pain in the backside if one is looking for pics to import and others to remain on the card.
Any idea whats going on?

Just change the sort order at the bottom of the import dialog

Yes, we understand that.....but have you done what Johan suggested? At the bottom of the main centre panel of the Import dialog there is a "Sort" option, which may be set to "Off" on your system. Changing it to Capture Time should re-order all the pictures into the correct order on the Import screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back