• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom 6 questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom 6 - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. When you upgrade to subscription, there's also a Lightroom Classic version available.

wrong file order on card before import

guido.coza

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
6.x
Hi all
I recently got a second hand 1D x. One of the first thing I did was to format the cf card that came with the camera. I also use one of my old cards from my 1D IV.
I use a card reader to import directly to LR. Recently pictures are on the LR import screen not in the order I took them but in a randomly across the card. This is a pain in the backside if one is looking for pics to import and others to remain on the card.
Any idea whats going on?

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Just change the sort order at the bottom of the import dialog

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Yes, we understand that.....but have you done what Johan suggested? At the bottom of the main centre panel of the Import dialog there is a "Sort" option, which may be set to "Off" on your system. Changing it to Capture Time should re-order all the pictures into the correct order on the Import screen.