• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom 6 questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom 6 - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. When you upgrade to subscription, there's also a Lightroom Classic version available.

Working with Jpeg images

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbob

I have a group of Jpeg images I would like to change the order they are in. I imported them into lightroom made a collection. rearranged. Now what do I do export to jpeg? They are already Jpegs. Will there be any lost in quality exporting them again as Jpegs? Is there anyway to just save to a folder on desk top? bob

bigbob

Jpegs in new order

I changed the order of the Jpegs in grid mode exported them.(as Jpegs) They all went back to the original order. How can I make the stay in new order?? bob

bigbob

copy file

I did the Command S. I can't figure how to dupe:lol: the folder. (copy it). Could you explain. Bob I think as I get older things get harder to

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
To duplicate the folder, right click on the folder in LR's folder panel and choose Reveal in Finder. Right click on that folder in Finder and choose Duplicate.

But why do you want to do that?

Just run this past me... you want to export them in your new order... where do you want to view them in that order? How about exporting them with a sequence number at the beginning - most programs will allow you to sort by that...

Mark Sirota

Lightroom Experience
Power User
If you're trying to maintain the sort order in a folder in the Finder, you need to understand how the Finder is sorting. It defaults to sorting by filename, so you'd need to change the filename to include a sequence number at the beginning.

Alternately, change your Finder view to sort by some other value that results in the order you prefer.

bigbob

I want to burn a DVD in the order I put them in. I don't care how I get there. I lost the original Raw images. I had made a jpeg DVD just in case. I reimported the jpegs into lightroom put them into the order I wanted. Hit Command S.Now I want to burn a DVD of all Jpegs. (678 images). bob Thanks for all the help.

Mark Sirota

Lightroom Experience
Power User
I want to burn a DVD in the order I put them in.
If you're talking about a DVD to be inserted into a computer (rather than a DVD player), then the same thing applies -- the computer will sort the files however it is configured to sort. You don't have control over it.

You can assume that by default, it will sort by filename. So prepend your filename template with a sequence number.

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Oh good, we're all on the same wavelength now!

Yep, sequence number will do the trick - just put it on full jpeg quality and you won't lose anything visible.

Status
Not open for further replies.