• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Working on my Master LR catalogue images while travelling

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobertA

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version Number
Adobe LR CC and also Lightroom Classic CC
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.13 High Sierra
  2. macOS 10.15 Catalina
Hi,

I want to delete, edit, rate images etc that are on my large external HD at home while I am traveling. This is different than setting up a travel catalogue for longer vacations or a travel shoot.

How can I work on my images when I don't have them with me?

Thanks,

Bob

Depends how many computers are involved. If you're taking a laptop and your catalogue is at home on a desktop, you could sync them all to Lightroom cloud, then access them in Cloudy Lightroom. But if your laptop has the catalogue, you could attach the HD and generate smart previews.

I sync an extensive collection of images in Classic to the cloud (about 9000 images from a classic catalog of ~15K. I have the storage space to store all of these in the cloud but I chose not to. When traveling I use Lightroom Cloudy (on an iPad Pro ) to access these images . Any new images are added to Lightroom (cloudy) These too can be worked using all of the functionality in Lightroom (cloudy).

If I leave my desktop running while I travel and have a good wiFi connection, all of my new images and edit adjustments to old images are sync'd to the master catalog by the time I return to the master catalog ,

Cloud Storage management needs to be tracked closely since any image Imported via Lightroom (cloud) will count against your 20GB/1TB storage limits included with your plan. Where as any image sync'd from the master catalog will be a proxy Smart Preview file that does not count against your 20GB/1TB storage limits included with your plan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back