• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Apple TV and Web? Then you'll love my new book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit Like a Pro!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Workflow with Nikon Z5 and Lightroom Mobile

rich_3

Lightroom Version
Lightroom Mobile v6.1.0C2677A/7
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
  2. iOS
Good afternoon all! Whelp, this is my first post here and I'm hoping to draw from the experience of those that have gone before me!

I've shot for years using an old school workflow, Nikon D800, memory card reader, import into Lightroom Classic, process, and share via whatever means I choose... but now, my life situation has changed, I have a family now (small kids) and no time to do things the slow and methodical way I used to... haha.

I'm shooting with a Nikon Z5 now and currently use Snapbridge to import the photos (jpeg) directly into my iPhone Photos. From there, I select photos that need processing and send them to Lightroom Mobile. I make my edits and export them back to my iPhone Camera Roll.

Here's what I love: I LOVE being able to shoot with my Nikon and almost instantly import the photos onto my mobile device (wirelessly) for processing or sharing.

Here's what annoys me: I don't like having duplicate pictures that I have to clean up in my iPhone Photos-- the original (unedited) picture and the edited photo exported from Lightroom Mobile. Sometimes edits are subtle and difficult to identify without carefully examining the pictures... but moreover, it just seems like an unnecessary clean-up step that I wish I could eliminate from my process.

Can anyone share with me your mobile process or how to streamline mine?

Thanks very much!

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Good afternoon all! Whelp, this is my first post here and I'm hoping to draw from the experience of those that have gone before me!

I've shot for years using an old school workflow, Nikon D800, memory card reader, import into Lightroom Classic, process, and share via whatever means I choose... but now, my life situation has changed, I have a family now (small kids) and no time to do things the slow and methodical way I used to... haha.

I'm shooting with a Nikon Z5 now and currently use Snapbridge to import the photos (jpeg) directly into my iPhone Photos. From there, I select photos that need processing and send them to Lightroom Mobile. I make my edits and export them back to my iPhone Camera Roll.

Here's what I love: I LOVE being able to shoot with my Nikon and almost instantly import the photos onto my mobile device (wirelessly) for processing or sharing.

Here's what annoys me: I don't like having duplicate pictures that I have to clean up in my iPhone Photos-- the original (unedited) picture and the edited photo exported from Lightroom Mobile. Sometimes edits are subtle and difficult to identify without carefully examining the pictures... but moreover, it just seems like an unnecessary clean-up step that I wish I could eliminate from my process.

Can anyone share with me your mobile process or how to streamline mine?

Thanks very much!

Remove the Apple Photos app and the SnapBridge app from the work flow. Get a camera card reader if you don’t already have one and import directly into the Lightroom app. The result is one image copy in your Lightroom inventory and the Adobe cloud.

I have the Z7 and found the WiFi SnapBridge data flow to be very battery intensive. I get longer battery life if I just use the camera battery to take photos. There is not a good reason to use iCloud and the Photos app if you are using Lightroom and the Adobe CLoud for your image management.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk