• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Workflow that uses Topaz JPEG 2 RAW

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilBurton

Lightroom enthusiast (and still learning)
Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Classic 11.3.1
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Does anyone this use program? How do you incorporate this program in your overall posts work? Inside or outside of Lightroom?

Why wouldn't you just shoot raw in the first place?

I don’t use it and as @Victoria Bampton says, why not just shoot RAW to begin with which is what I do. Now that you’ve made me aware of this, the only place I may consider it is with some older photos that were only in JPG. This includes cell phone pictures.

However, in terms of workflow, I’d be looking at the features of J2R compared to what I can already do in LrC and a couple of Topaz products I already have.

J2R may be worthwhile but I’d have to try it (I realize you are looking for experience) and see what I could do with JPGs in LrC then exporting them to RAW.

Why wouldn't you just shoot raw in the first place?
I should have explained in my initial posting that these jpegs are photos of my grandchildren. The parents own iPhones and no other cameras.

So up to now I have been processing the jpegs in Lightroom, but I am dissatisfied with the results compared with raw files from my D3 DSLR. After installing JPEG 2 raw I realize now that this program must be used outside of Lightrroom, so my initial question is moot.:rolleyes:

I have always been a proponent of shooting RAW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back