• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

workflow performance is full of lags

Status
Not open for further replies.

bola_dor

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Hi,
I tried use a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 with Lr mobile and have really poor performance when working with several pictures.
I use synchronized pictures from desktop collections so I have to start Lr mobile some time in advance to let it sync, a Lr service to do this without intervention would be a good thing.
then once I see the collection with photos I open it but some times I have to wait for the picture to open (not synced yet?) and ALWAYS have to wait about 30 " to the tools to be usable, not greyed out.. and is really annoying.

I use a D90 12MP and a D7200 24MP both being the same, I it is supposed Lr Mo is using previews not the actual pictures.

the same was addressed here ( http://www.lightroomqueen.com/commu...d-3-ready-for-real-work&highlight=performance ) with an iPAD with no satisfactory answer (I did my search) . I guess some kind of prefetching previews is not working well. Note 4 is 3gb ram so if this is not enough the which device will?..
Note 4 has a ridiculously high resolution Quad HD 2560x1440 pixel display so I thought may be previews were too big to, but then I saw ipad having thje same problem,, this solved the OS as part of the issue too.

I am usually over Wifi networks of good quality...

Any work arround about this ? because it renders Lr mobile unusable in a workflow... and I am paying for it :crazy:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a Note3 phone, Verizon, with Lollipop version of Android. Within just a few seconds of logging into LR mobile, I can click on a gallery, select a picture and then click on the tools and have them working. I also have a Samsung Tab Pro 10.1 and it is faster. Virtually no lag before the tools respond when I select a picture.

So I don't see the slowness you are seeing. Both were working on wifi connection that is very fast. 200 MB down and 20 up.

I may be way off the mark here ...... I have no knowledge of LR mobile

LR 5 had/have numerous dramas with speed or more correctly slowest/dying. For me it's (still) lens correction and keywording or maybe a combo of both that can kill the computer :(.

Please; lets not get off topic and start a LR5 drama thread here;) .

Hi bola_dor, welcome to the forum.

Have you enabled the collection for offline editing? That downloads the full-size Smart Preview to the iDevice, so once downloaded you should find the speed improves.....but if it's still sluggish it might be the device itself that's the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back