• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Workflow for taking images with Lightroom camera on iphone and editing in Lightroom Classic on Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.

nIkedoni1a

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 12 Monterey
  2. iOS
HI, I'm looking for suggestions on the most efficient way to get dng images taken with the lightroom mobile camera on iphone onto my mac so I can edit as usual in Lightroom Classic. I do understand that in order to edit on the mac i need to have the images on my mac (and not in the cloud).

I also see that there is now a folder called "Synced Photos" in my Macintosh > Users > Home > Pictures folder but the images I take with the Lightroom iphone camera don't show up there so I am not sure how that comes into play. I would appreciate information on that folder as well.

Thanks

Simply enable sync in your Lightroom Classic catalog. In the Preferences - Lightroom Sync you can specify where you want the downloaded images to be stored. The default is an obscure 'device', but you can select any normal folder instead.

Thank you, now it makes sense. I keep my master catalog and images on an external drive so i created a folder there for synced photos as well which enables me to edit them both on laptop and desktop.

Thank you, now it makes sense. I keep my master catalog and images on an external drive so i created a folder there for synced photos as well which enables me to edit them both on laptop and desktop.

I use a date named folder scheme for all of my images. Setting the same date named folders permits all of my synced images to fit into one folder scheme. I now import all of my Digital camera images into my iPadPro and do initial processing on the iPad in the field and sometimes at home I finish processing and add keywords in LrC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i have considered an ipad, editing on the small phone is hard for me. what are the steps for importing images to the ipad pro?

i have considered an ipad, editing on the small phone is hard for me. what are the steps for importing images to the ipad pro?

I have a 12.9”M1 iPadPro. (Before that I used a 13” MBP)
I have a XQD card reader that I plug into the USB-C port on the iPadPro In Lightroom I choose to “Import from Camera Device” You can do the same on a Phone with a card reader and an adapter to fit your phone.

okay card reader for dslr but if i am using my iphone lightroom camera as my primary camera will the icloud automatically put those images on the ipad when i am connected to wifi? i guess i mean does the whole of the lightroom mobile look the same on both iphone and ipad by default? there is not a limitation on the number of mobile devices that you can use lightroom mobile on?

...but if i am using my iphone lightroom camera as my primary camera will the icloud automatically put those images on the ipad when i am connected to wifi?
If you are indeed shooting with the camera built into the Lightroom Mobile app on your iPhone, then iCloud will NOT be involved (and my recommendation would be to disable iCloud for Photos on your iDevices, you really do not want two competing cloud-based products trying to manage the same set of photos). In that scenario, simply allow the captured images to sync to the Adobe cloud (which it will do automatically provided you have a wifi connection or have enabled cellular data in the LrM settings). Once they have uploaded to the Adobe cloud, they will then automatically appear on any of your iDevices which have LrMobile installed. There is no limit to the number of mobile devices that you can use on the same Adobe account, the only limit relates to the Desktop app.

okay card reader for dslr but if i am using my iphone lightroom camera as my primary camera will the icloud automatically put those images on the ipad when i am connected to wifi? i guess i mean does the whole of the lightroom mobile look the same on both iphone and ipad by default? there is not a limitation on the number of mobile devices that you can use lightroom mobile on?

Importing using Lightroom from anywhere Imports to the Adobe Cloud. Lightroom on the phone or iPad or on the computer reads all the images stored in the Adobe cloud. If you sync a Lightroom Classic catalog, it will sync ALL of the images stored in the Adobe cloud.

The iPhone has two associated camera software appliances. One is associated with the Apple Photos app. The other is associated with the Lightroom app. Apple Photos stores images on the Camera roll and syncs to iCloud. You need to import from the camera roll (can be done automatically) to Lightroom which syncs images to the Adobe Cloud. This import causes two copies of the image to appear on your Apple device. (One copy in Photos and one in Lightroom)If you use the camera from Lightroom, the photos are synced directly with the Adobe Cloud and do not duplicate on the camera roll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back