With a little help...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucdewaele

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
I'm a LR-beginner, having a serious problem matching colors and contrasts when exporting files from LR to PS.
Working in RAW, processing in Camera Raw, with a calibrated display, the result was and is perfect. What I saw in ACR, matched perfectly to the processed image (8bit tif file adobe rgb).
Doing the same in LR, the image looks fine in LR, but in PS there a lack of contrast and vivid colors? I have checked the colorsettings in PS, tried another profile (prophoto), 16 bits, .... the problem remains : a huge difference between the image in LR and its exported version in PS cs5. (I tried the same file in camera raw -acr- : no problem....)
What did I do wrong?

Luc

Actually, I had never really noticed but I'm experiencing the same: when exporting a Lightroom-rendered Raw as Prophoto RGB 16 bit TIFF to Photoshop CS5 (with 'preserve embedded profiles' on in PS), the PS image appears notably less contrasty (less shadow clipping) than the LR image viewed in Develop Mode (or Library Loupe, for that matter).

Piet, thanks a lot : problem solved! Something to mention in the next upgrade of your great book on LR (Lightroom3 ontmaskerd) and during your workshops, especially for Colormunki-users like me.
Greetings from Western Flanders,
Luc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back