windows to mac

Status
Not open for further replies.

nIkedoni1a

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
i have not been able to transfer my edits from windows to mac. i copied the lightroom folder from the "my pictures" on the pc and pasted it into the "pictures" folder on the mac. all the photos were copied from the external drive that i always used with lightroom on the pc to a new second internal drive on the mac. if i plug my external drive into the mac all my folders show up as greyed out squares but with the little edit symbols on the bottom. next i go to the top file menu and press import from disk and import them without moving them from the 2nd internal drive. the photos then show up but without the edits. what am i doing wrong?

You should not re-import the images. Just select the top-level directories and point them to the new location on your Mac.

So once you've copied the photos onto the internal drive, unplug the external drive, to save confusion.

thank you everyone, i was pointing to individual photos and folders and it wasn't working.
my only remaning dilemma is that the photo count inside of lightroom is about 1''' below what i see when i click "get info" on the top level folder in the internal drive. this puzzles me because generally when i delete a photo from lightroom i also agree to also delete from disk. have you encountered situation?

Ok, right click on one of the folders, and choose Synchronize Folder... The resulting dialog may take a while to finish updating, and you may see an incrementing counter in the dialog, or the progress bar above the Navigator thumbnail. When that process is complete, the dialog should display a count of any image files it located which are not in the Lr catalog, and give you an option to import them.

Another thought, any chance you have non-image files in those folders? XMP sidecar files, video files, and such?
That could explain the count difference as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back