• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Windows Live

Status
Not open for further replies.

haunteddoc

I am having a problem when I try to export files from LR. When I use the browse function to locate the folder where I want the files exported to, the Windows live login box pops up. If I don't log in, LR stops responding and I have to restart LR. How can I stop this?

Are you XP or Vista?

I am running Vista. I tried to locate the folder

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Network Shortcuts

as suggested in one reply but could not find the folder.

Are you trying to browse to this folder by directly entering the path or clicking through folders in Explorer. If you are clicking through folders, then some of these subfolders may be hidden system folders.

Open up Windows Explorer or the Run command on the Start menu, and enter the path to the folder directly, like entering a URL in Internet Explorer. Actually, you can enter a file path in Internet Explorer if you want (just a side note).

Anyway, that should get you to the folder referenced in the article. If not, let me know, and I'll see if there is another solution.

Just FYI.... I am running Vista and I get this issue also! I am like "why do I need to sign into Window Live"

Adam

If it's an issue of the folders being hidden, you can
Control Panel > Folder Options > View tab > then Check View Hidden radio button.

Then you can try drilling down to the problem directory with Win Explorer, or whatever it's called in Vista.

I have it set to show hidden files. I did find the folder under

c:/users/default/app data/roaming/windows/network shortcuts

I deleted the folder but am still having the problem

I still could not find

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Wind ows\Network Shortcuts

I've been racking my brain (not very hard to do), but I've very quickly lost touch with Windows since switching to Mac. I really need to get Parallels running so I can go into Windows to troubleshoot stuff like this. Sorry. I'm going to keep searching, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back