• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Windows Laptop Suggestions for Light-room CC ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

George Burrows

Drummer Photographer
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Lightroom Version Number
CC
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I use a PC as my main source to edit photos and save photos on a NAS. I was thinking a Laptop would help me on the road at gigs to edit and publish photos. I do know what brand, type or specs to rum LRCC efficiently. Any suggstions? Thank You-George

The "Cloudy" version of Lightroom is now called just "Lightroom". The CC term has been dropped. All processing is done locally and the image files stored in the Adobe cloud. A NAS does not come into play although you can also store a copy of the original on a local network drive.
You do not need a particularly robust set-up to run Lightroom (Cloudy) or Lightroom Classic (the Desktop version). A quad core machine with at least 16 GB of RAM and about 100 GB of free space for temporary files will meet your needs . You can get by with a Dual Core machine with 8GB of RAM but "more is better". A GPU that meets Adobe's specs is desirable but not essential.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back