• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

windows 8.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigpudd

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Operating System:

Lightroom Version:
(Please go to Help menu > System Info to double check the exact version number)

Question or Description of Problem:HI: Am new here. in the develop menu the spot removal or radial filter, and the HDR do not work. And some photo;s stay in portrait when they were taking in landscape. Another thing, when i update it says up to date all the time, and i installed it on 07/17/2017. I also got a message in Lightroom that my FREE TRIAL was over. What gives, I bough a year subscription DVD. I hope someone here can help me. Thank you so very much for your time.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum. What did you want to know?

Hi Hal: Thank you for welcoming me to the forum. Look's like no one want's to answer my question. What do you think? Should i just uninstall and reinstall Lightroom.

When I answered your post, the paragraph with questions wasn't there. You must have modified it later.

That's a lot of questions mashed together. When you say that those things don't work, exactly how do they not work? Error message, nothing happening, what?

Most cameras set a portrait/landscape flag, and usually there's a menu item in the camera that tells it to set that flag. Is yours set? Also, if you point the camera too far up or down, the flag can be set wrong.

I'm pretty sure there hasn't been an update since July. What version of LR are you running? Check your Help->System menu item.

Thank you Hal: No I mean nothing is happening, and only on a few features. a lot of the other adjustments work just fine, I don't get any Error messages. my LR version is the update 6.12. I don't have a problem with the camera. I can download from the camera to lightroom just fine. If i group three photo -1EV, 0EV, +1EV and send to HDR it will not merge. It will just hang there and do nothing. If i try to remove a spot on the photo and set it to heal the target circle comes out, i place it on the spot, click, the other circle looks for smoothing close by. I then click on either circle, nothing happening. I do remember that when i first installed LR every thing would work. and when i did the update to 6.12, it would still work. then one day i tried to use them, and zero. another question. if i uninstall and reinstall will i lose all of my photo's every thing is on the same hard drive, OS, programs, photos, the works. when i get the dialog box to save to catalog i do every time. or should i save all my photo's to a thumb drive, and then uninstall and reinstall. thank you if you can help me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to hear it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back