Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Has anyone tried it yet? Does it work?

Have you checked to see if your computer is supported under Windows 11? I checked recently and my Intel CPU is no supported. I'm currently running Windows 10.

Same as me. My computer is over 10 years old and not Windows 11 compliant. I was wondering if I were to buy a new computer, would that be the time to jump from Lightroom if I couldn't run my copy of Lightroom 6.14 on it.

I think that we may not have yet heard the last of what runs W11 and what doesn't; my 4 year old Dell laptop doesn't for example, due to the processor (not the security system). We may see more old processors added. May not.

But it's very, very early in W11's life. I would not want to have it running on any computer I was counting on to work this early.

Patience may or may not be a virtue, but it sure is called for.

(Though that said, I think those still running 6.x LR have demonstrated patience adequately and might want to move on. ;) )

Some time ago MacOS stopped supporting and running 32 bit apps. I do not know the situation with Win 11, but at some point Microsoft will phase out all 32 bit app support, And when that happens it will not be possible to install LR 6. This is already the case for MacOS. LR6 uses a 32 bit installer to install the 64 bit application.

Does anyone know the status if 32 bit app support in Win11?

Does anyone know the status if 32 bit app support in Win11?
It's one thing Apple did I admire, and wish Windows had done the same.

I have heard absolutely nothing about Windows pushing to eliminate 32 bit. And Adobe is absolutely awful in that regard, at this moment I have NOTHING from adobe open, yet I have 9 services running that are 32 bit. Imagine how hard it would be for Adobe to drop 32 bit support if Windows did. Indeed, just looking at software I use regularly probably half of it is only available in 32 bit still. I bet we are 10 years from Windows being able to enforce a 64 bit only policy. They wield much less control over their ecosystem than Apple does.

(Which of course begs the question why there are about a dozen Adobe services running when NOTHING IS IN USE but that's a whole separate conversation.)

… I bet we are 10 years from Windows being able to enforce a 64 bit only policy. They wield much less control over their ecosystem than Apple does….
The 16 bit apps have been managed out of existence for some time. And while I agree that Windows wields much less control over the Ecosystem, it has been done. The Microsoft problem is that they are entrenches in large corporations with significant in-house developed software and a slow to move IT presence. I’m willing to guess that there are some corporations still running XP.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've a test machine running Windows 11 and I confirm it still supports 32 bits applications. In fact, I even tested some 20 years old applications and they run fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back