• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Windows 10 Creators Update cut import speed to 1/5th speed or worse

Status
Not open for further replies.

JakeEgbert

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Operating System:Windows 10

Lightroom Version: 6.1 / CC 2015.1
(Please go to Help menu > System Info to double check the exact version number)

Question or Description of Problem: Windows 10 Creators update installed automatically last week on my HP Envy laptop. Among the many problems I'm having with the new update, Lighroom import speed has decreased DRAMATICALLY vs. just a few weeks ago. We're talking close to a full second per photo which results in hours of downloading instead of minutes. If I open a Windows file explorer window during import I see the whole folder tree blink after EVERY INDIVIDUAL PHOTO downloads, indicating that the system may be running a whole lot of extra code between each picture.

Has anyone else dealt with this? If so, has anyone found a solution?

Lightroom has been running exceptionally slow for a couple of years, and this takes it to a new level of pain.

I can't restore my windows to prior state because the restore point has been 'disappeared'...

I have seen no such problems, though I have not imported any large shoot yet (100s photos) with both the newest Win 10 and LR Classic
What virus protection software are you using?
Could that be your issue? I have set my Norton to ignore LR.

@JakeEgbert,

After the last Windows 10 Creators Update a week ago, my Surface Pro suddenly became very slow with anything that was synced with OneDrive - so much so, that it got timeouts and corrupted the documents I was working on... I have also struggled with a lot of system instability the last few months... After tearing my hair out, all the Windows troubleshooter could recommend was "try a Fresh Start". Since I had all my data backed up, I did that. I had to reinstall all my software, but the problem appears to have disappeared.

Do you have FileHistory backup enabled? If so, make sure you exclude the preview directory from the backup...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back