Win 10 Pro boot up also starts Excel and Word

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
This is a minor issue that annoys me as it shouldn't happen.

I have the latest Win 10 pro OS.

Whenever I boot up my desktop excel or word also open up blank pages. However, it is not consistent, sometimes its word only and sometimes its excel only. These programs are not listed in Task manage on the "startup tab".

Any ideas on how to prevent this from happening without having to dive into the registry.

I am posting here because I find the Microsoft forums less than helpful.

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Mark,

Odd problem. Windows is getting big and complex enough that odd problems happen a lot.

I'm running Office 97 (!), and there's a "Microsoft Office Wrapper" that shows in the Startup Tab of Task Manager. Perhaps Word and Excel aren't directly listed there, but some umbrella application is. It may not be called that, of course. Some things change over 22 years. ;)

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Windows has several ways to launch programs at startup. The Task Manager and the Startup folder are two of them, but there is also reggistry keys like Run and Runonce, all at global level AND at user level.
You could download and use Autoruns (a small freeware from SysInternals) to diagnose from where these software are initiated and remove the corresonding entry.

PhilBurton

Lightroom enthusiast (but still learning)
Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
This is a minor issue that annoys me as it shouldn't happen.

I have the latest Win 10 pro OS.

Whenever I boot up my desktop excel or word also open up blank pages. However, it is not consistent, sometimes its word only and sometimes its excel only. These programs are not listed in Task manage on the "startup tab".

Any ideas on how to prevent this from happening without having to dive into the registry.

I am posting here because I find the Microsoft forums less than helpful.
Try this forum: Microsoft Office and 365 - Windows 10 Forums

Phil