• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom 6 questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom 6 - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. When you upgrade to subscription, there's also a Lightroom Classic version available.

Will Lightroom vers. 6.14 work in Mac OS Catalina?

Lightroom Version
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
I currently use Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6 and LR 6.14 works well in this OS. I understand that this is a 64 bit application. However, Adobe Application Manager (32 bit) also resides on my iMac. Do not know if this is there to support LR 6.14. Assuming it (Adobe Application Manager) is, will this impair LR 6.14 operation in Catalina. Feedback from Catalina beta testers will be appreciated.

Best Regards,
Larry

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Classic
Hi Larry

Welcome to the Forum!

If Lightroom 6 is already installed if you decide to upgrade to Catalina, then it should continue to work as the main application is 64-bit. However, you cannot install from scratch (or reinstall if something fails on LR6) as the installer is 32-bit.

Hi Larry

Welcome to the Forum!

If Lightroom 6 is already installed if you decide to upgrade to Catalina, then it should continue to work as the main application is 64-bit. However, you cannot install from scratch (or reinstall if something fails on LR6) as the installer is 32-bit.
Thank you Paul for your prompt feedback. So does you response address the functionality of Adobe Application Manager (AAM) per my question? Is the function of AAM relate to future installs, uninstalls or other mods of Adobe LR 6.14 in a Mac OS Catalina operating system environment?

Best Regards,
Larry

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Hi Larry, Catalina details are still a bit vague at the moment, but as far as we know, AAM will not work, which will prevent installation/uninstallation/activation.

In short, if you're sticking with LR6, stay on Mojave, or assume that you'll need to update to subscription sooner than later if you upgrade to Cataline.